Clarins Instant Concealer - any reviews?

(9 Posts)
Lottapianos Sun 23-Oct-16 13:12:46

Sali Hughes raves about it and I'm very tempted. I need a good concealer that will cover dark circles and redness, but not dry out my dehydrated skin. It's £21 for a small tube, which I'm happy to pay if its worth it, but not if it's over hyped like I find a lot of Clarins products to be

Any experiences? Thanks

Eliza22 Sun 23-Oct-16 13:18:23

That small tube will last forever! I've used this for ages. It is good and makes a huge difference to my undereye circles and sides of nose. I bought a replacement in May as I thought the tube was running out.....am STILL using the "running out tube". Highly recommended.

botemp Sun 23-Oct-16 13:20:22

I think for a long time it was one of the rare non caking high coverage concealers but there might be a few others now that do the job better. Makeup Forever HD, Bobbi Brown, and Amazing concealer are a few that come to mind but I have no experience with any of them so others are probably better to advise. Personally found the Clarins too thick to wear comfortably when trying it out.

ggirl Sun 23-Oct-16 13:24:08

I love it, doesn't cake or sit in fine lines and lasts bloody ages. You only need a teeny bit.
Get the sales assistant to put it on before you buy.

Nyx also do a great under eye concealer for dark circles that my daughter uses. Its a peachy colour I think but does an amazing job of disguising dark circles , not redness.

ggirl Sun 23-Oct-16 13:26:38

dark circle one

Kennington Sun 23-Oct-16 13:44:19

I am on third tube. I mainly use it on a couple of small slightly red areas around nose and occasionally under eyes.
It is the best formula. As with everything applying less is better. I sometimes mix it with an illuminator for under eyes.

FrickOnAStick Sun 23-Oct-16 14:12:05

I love it. I use it as foundation (I don't wear foundation every day). That sounds insane because it is so high coverage but I literally use a tiny dot sheered out over my face. My only criticism of it is that there are so few colours. 3 colours is shite and 2 and 3 are practically the same. Luckily 01 suits me but they need to expand the range. I don't find it very illuminating but I just add a light pen (I like the no7 one) to dark bits. '

wowfudge Sun 23-Oct-16 19:02:50

To echo everyone else, it is brilliant and a little goes a long way.

Lottapianos Sun 23-Oct-16 21:58:19

Ooh rave reviews! Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now