Talk

Advanced search

Foundation (part 2)

(14 Posts)
SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 23-Oct-16 09:54:11

I asked for recommendations for a good long lasting foundation that isn't too thick.

Most people recommended double wear which I am currently trialling but not hugely loving. It seems very orange and I think I have one of their palest colours! Was colour matched using their device.

So suggestions that aren't double wear please?!

MrsT2007 Sun 23-Oct-16 10:12:14

I had a reckon colorstay which was lovely. Sister (MUA) recommended it. Stayed put with no touch ups all day.

MrsT2007 Sun 23-Oct-16 10:12:33

Bloody autocorrect

Revlon!!

Nanasueathome Sun 23-Oct-16 10:20:36

I still recommend Face Atelier from either Cult Beauty or Amazon
Not cheap but it's a pump action, a little goes a long way
There are loads of colour options as well
I have to say it is the best I have ever used (and I have tried them all)

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 23-Oct-16 10:22:51

Thanks MrsT I will have a look in Boots!

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 23-Oct-16 10:23:49

NanaSue thanks for the recommendation, the name sounds familiar so I must have read about it before! My only worry buying online is if the colour is wrong it's a waste of money confused

Nanasueathome Sun 23-Oct-16 10:27:21

Have just had a look online.
There is a website Coco Beau where you can get sample pots for £2
May be worth having a look there

honeyblossom2 Sun 23-Oct-16 10:32:03

I'm really loving revalon colour stay. Bought it last year and didn't really give it a chance as mine looked very dark and I'm really pale but my go to foundation is no7 stay perfect and since giving revalon a good go I have to say I hate no7 now. The colour stay is really creamy and also its coverage is amazing I don't have to use any concealer now. I actually saw it in b&m the other day for £5 so now I know my shade I will stock up.

HickDead Sun 23-Oct-16 10:34:07

Have to second revlon colorstay. Does what it says and doesn't look cakey
or heavy for being a full coverage foundation.

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 23-Oct-16 10:34:53

Thanks Nana, I will check it out! Thanks for taking the time to look for me.

Honey £5 is a bargain!

trinitybleu Sun 23-Oct-16 10:39:50

If you'd like to try some Younique foundation let me know. There's a 14 day full money back guarantee if you don't like it (90 day for product credit) and I can help you with find your shade. I love it - great coverage, can't feel you're wearing it and stays put all day.

rosesandcashmere Sun 23-Oct-16 10:41:57

I used double wear light for years, tried doublewear proper and hated it... I've gone back to doublewear light, over benefit porefessional and I LOVE it. I shall never stray again!

FrustratedFrugal Sun 23-Oct-16 10:47:47

I have very pale normal/dry cool/neutral skin. ELDW is a bit too orange on me, and the palest shades are discontinued or difficult to get where I live. Here are the highlights of my foundation history. I get breakouts from a lot of liquid foundations so am only listing the ones that I have been able to use regularly for several months.

Revlon Colorstay for dry skin in Ivory (used for about 20 years, acne neutral and full coverage but a tad too pink on me, finally gave up when I wanted a lighter coverage one for more glow; the foundation has been reformulated over the years and is no longer acne neutral)

Diorskin Forever in the palest shade (great consistency and shade match but I became allergic to it)

Lily Lolo mineral foundation in Porcelain and China Doll (still use occasionally, they provide medium to light coverage and are super pale). I like these more in winter, they make a pasty mess with some sunscreens.

Korean BB creams Dr Jart Premium (the lighter one is my summer shade) and Missha M Perfect cover #13 & #21 (winter shades) - I like these quite a bit and still use them when I need more coverage. Dr Jart is great in hot conditions and strong sunlight, I tend to use it when I am travelling or on the beach. Missha is a bit too perfumed.

Missha M Miracle cushion in #21 and Hera UV Mist compact cushion in C21 - a sponge soaked in BB cream, quick coverage, super fast to apply, great glow, a bit claggy on. Sometimes they give me a shiny nose that I have to powder down. Summer staple. Hera feels and smells nicer than Missha, Missha is cheaper.

Sensai Total Finish powder compact in shade #102 - my current favorite, a powdery base that has good coverage and is not drying when used over a light serum or Biore sunscreen. I have a feeling this is better suited for winter than summer wear, might melt and become messy in hot weather.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 23-Oct-16 10:48:56

Sorry about the length of the post - didn't realize I wrote a novel wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now