Here is my face and hair! Diagnose my colours please!

(23 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo Sat 22-Oct-16 22:54:19

Hello, here is actual genuine me with no make-up.

As you can see, I have a tendency to redness esp on my nose. Does this definitely mean I have pink undertones in my skin?

I have dark green eyes and my hair is naturally mousy brown.

What colour foundation/blusher should I use?

Do you think my highlights are the right colour?

What season do you think I am?

(am I ugly and do I need a nose job?)

Thanks!

rightknockered Sat 22-Oct-16 23:06:26

I don't know about your colours, but you're very pretty. You have beautiful eyes, and a lovely nose!
I think your highlights look a bit yellow, but I know nothing about blonde highlights

burnishedsilver Sat 22-Oct-16 23:23:24

If I had to guess I'd say Summer colours. Have a look at the colour groupings on the Kettlewell website.

I read on an old thread that if the veins in your wrist look blue then you have cool colouring. If they are green then you have warm colouring.

margaritasbythesea Sun 23-Oct-16 08:14:39

I'd say possible summer too. Kettlewell website is helpful. It's where I finally sussed what I am.

GinAndOnIt Sun 23-Oct-16 08:27:26

The Kettlewell website puts me as a summer! I would never have guessed that, but actually I have a dress that lights up my face that is the exact colour of one of the summer swatches.

loveyogalovelife Sun 23-Oct-16 08:36:45

You're beautiful! A gorgeous radiant smile and lovely eyes. Absolutely nothing wrong with your nose so no you don't need anything fixing. X

DaisyFranceLynch Sun 23-Oct-16 08:46:15

You are very pretty and definitely don't need a nose job!

I am not sure how easy it is tell what your colours just by looking at skin/hair/ eye colour. I have mousy hair and medium toned skin, but I suit the same colour palette as my friend who has dark hair and pale skin.

Having my colours done professionally was amazing - I agree with the result completely and would never have got there on my own.

That says, your hair does look warmer than your skin tone which suggests you might be naturally a cooler/neutral season (so one of the summers or winters?)

girlwithamoonandstaronherhead Sun 23-Oct-16 08:55:18

You are lovely and you look like a summer to me. My friend with similar colouring wears pastels and a lot of pink which really suits her. They would awful on me as a cool winter.

MoBro Sun 23-Oct-16 09:01:39

Very pretty! The warmth in your highlights accentuate the pink tones in your skin. I'd have them toned ashier.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 23-Oct-16 09:07:07

You are very pretty OP.
I also think more ash blonde highlights would suit.
Your nose is perfect !
I don't know about 'colours' either, I imagine you could carry off, most of them.😄

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 23-Oct-16 09:15:05

I agree with going ashier.

Oblomov16 Sun 23-Oct-16 09:15:18

I think your hair colour, length and style is really nice.
I just think you need a bit of foundation/bb cream/coverage on your face to even it out.
And a bit of colour on your eyes.
And that would make you look 'finished'.
And no to the nose job!

Hopefully Sun 23-Oct-16 09:16:12

In all honesty, you could be any of them (I'm a HoC analyst), but if you don't want to fork out for analysis and like the summer palette, go on Pinterest and search for 'colour analysis summer' and you'll find lots of summer palettes - even if it's not the absolute perfect palette for you, you'll still look and feel more pulled together just by having clothes that all come from the same palette.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 23-Oct-16 09:18:49

I'm similar colouring and I've just googled colours and I think I'm a cool summer.

ChickenVindaloo Sun 23-Oct-16 10:52:15

Aww guys, you are all so kind!
My veins look blue.
I'm off to investigate your suggestions.
And will delete my "nose job" pinteret board!

burnishedsilver Sun 23-Oct-16 11:33:04

I hadn't noticed the nose job bit. Don't touch your nose, there's nothing wrong with it!

321zerobaby Sun 23-Oct-16 14:36:58

I think you could be a spring...does silver or gold jewellery suit you better? How would you look wearing a fresh spring green colour? Do you like yourself in the apricot colour you are wearing?

keeponkeepinon Sun 23-Oct-16 15:33:22

I don't understand the house of colour thing. Like the op, I am mousey brown, blue veined and prone to redness. I have blue eyes.
I just went on the Kettlewell site and it just confused me! What's all this talk of cool summers and bright winters etc?
Though I think summer colours are best for me but really, how can you work this out?

Hopefully Sun 23-Oct-16 16:30:54

keep basically there are four main palettes (spring/summer/autumn/winter) but even within that everyone has amazing and less amazing colours, and which types of colours within your palette work best on you defines which 'type' of season you are (e.g. warm spring vs bright spring vs light spring). The only way, as far as I know, to be certain about (a) your palette and (b) your best colours within that palette is a proper colour analysis.

BusterGonad Mon 24-Oct-16 10:54:24

I don't know about your colors but please don't say you are ugly! You are definitely not ugly. Do not put yourself down you look lovely! grin

ChickenVindaloo Mon 24-Oct-16 19:52:20

Aww fanxxxxx!

Kr1stina Mon 24-Oct-16 23:16:23

I think you look very pretty and natural

But your hair colour and the apricot top are not flattering on you , they are too warm and are making your skin look flushed

DramaAlpaca Mon 24-Oct-16 23:19:37

I have similar colouring to you. I've had my colours done & I'm a cool summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now