Talk

Advanced search

So I went to a hairdresser today...

(23 Posts)
newhairdooo Sat 22-Oct-16 17:59:42

...and paid more than I usually would, for my First Proper Grown Up Haircut. Normally I don't bother due to a limited budget! I originally wanted it shorter but mentioned desperately not wanting to end up with a Mum Bob and she said that the photo examples I had were in fact Mum Bobs blush so I clearly have poor judgement! This is what I have, before it was long and lifeless and meh. I think I like it but it needs more tousling (a bit too styled right now!) but what do you think? Does it suit me, is it way too boring? I wanted something a bit edgy and I don't think this is particularly but the bobs I like apparently are not edgy at all so here I am waffling on. Please tell me it's good as I'm fretting grin

(Have namechanged because here's my face!)

FishSauce555 Sat 22-Oct-16 18:02:02

You and your hair look absolutely lovely smile

newhairdooo Sat 22-Oct-16 18:06:01

FishSauce thank you, I'm very glad someone thinks so grin

Coconutty Sat 22-Oct-16 18:07:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImperialBlether Sat 22-Oct-16 18:09:58

I like it and you have great eyes and cheekbones, too!

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 22-Oct-16 18:21:54

I love it, it's really nice and suits you. Looks young and modern imo.
If you want to style it up a bit more you could find some kind of texturising product but I like it as it is

TheCaptainsCat Sat 22-Oct-16 18:27:55

I think it suits you very much, you look lovely! And you have beautiful eyes OP!

ImperialBlether Sat 22-Oct-16 18:29:23

Did you see Bridget Jones recently, OP? I think her glasses would suit you.

TerrificHons Sat 22-Oct-16 18:31:14

Love it. The great thing about it is that you can tousle it and style it to make it edgy, but you're not under pressure to because it would look great just washed and blast dried too. I think collar bone skimming cuts are so cool star

okok Sat 22-Oct-16 18:37:34

Really nice.

Goldorsilver Sat 22-Oct-16 18:41:03

Lovely! I have pretty long hair but it always looks rubbish and flat and I'm so tempted to chop it off too. It looks very nice on you smile

pinkblink Sat 22-Oct-16 18:46:20

It really suits your face, I'd love to chop mine much shorter but then how would I shove it up in a knot to do the school run ? hmm

newhairdooo Sat 22-Oct-16 18:49:12

Coconutty I'm on a hair dying ban, she was horrified at the condition of it blushgrin

Thank you everyone, you've made me much more sure of it! It's very different to what I'm used to smile i.e. a total messy disaster and also thanks for the bonus compliments wink

Chottie Sat 22-Oct-16 18:50:29

You have such beautiful hair, it looks gorgeous.

mycatstares Sat 22-Oct-16 18:51:29

Looks really nice and really suits yougrin.

It bet it would look lovely loosely curled for a night out toosmile

PinkiePiesCupcakes Sat 22-Oct-16 18:53:17

What is it the kids say nowadays?
"I is like well jelly"
grin

Looks great op.

thisismyfirsttime Sat 22-Oct-16 18:57:38

I love it, it really suits your face and whilst I don't think it's edgy in the photo I can see it being amazingly so once you throw it about a bit, rough dry it upside down and go!
If you want a colour I'd chuck a vegetable dye at it, it'd fade quickly but no damage. Mine took Manic Panic After Midnight Blue really well at a similar base colour, you could try a dark red or purple too and although it'd fade quickly without bleach it would show, especially if your hair is processed.

MohammedLover Sat 22-Oct-16 22:43:37

What a bonny lass smile

Penelope52 Sat 22-Oct-16 22:58:18

You look lovely. Is it all one length or layered as I'm growing out my bob and would like a cut like yours?

neveradullmoment99 Sun 23-Oct-16 00:05:55

I think you are pretty and your hair is nice but if you want me to be completely honesty, think your glasses are er...a bit round. I think you would suit a less round shape.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 23-Oct-16 11:17:19

To make it more edgy, you could curl the ends with some straighteners. Take a section, angle the straightener and twist as you pull it through.

You could also try some darker square framed glasses and a chunkier silver necklace or get your nose pierced?

Of course you don't have to look edgy, you look great as you are. Maybe you suit a more natural look.

PoppyBirdOnAWire Sun 23-Oct-16 12:00:33

Love your specs.

keeponkeepinon Sun 23-Oct-16 15:01:37

I think it looks great. I'm growing out my bob and whoever mentioned collar bone skimming length is right on the money. I guess I have a mum bob at the moment but this is how I want my hair! I never know what to ask for. I've got a full fringe so not sure whether to grow that out as well and go back to a side parting.
Is it cut all one length? And was it curled or can your hair do this waviness on its own? I really want to achieve waves like this but salt spray and scrunching just makes it a bit...crunchy!
Thanks so much for posting op!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now