Philips Lumea. Looking for advice!

(6 Posts)
bunny85 Sat 22-Oct-16 13:30:09

Hello

I'm looking to buy a Philips Lumea hair removal device. Has anyone used one, is it effective? Most importantly though, which model would be the best? There's few of them, and I don't quite understand the difference. Main areas for me would be underarms, bikini and legs. Please share your thoughts!

Many thanks smile

Talisin Sat 22-Oct-16 13:46:21

I have one. It has worked very well for me - although legs took a while to show results - but I do fit the pale skin darkish bodyhair profile. The main difference between the models seem to be the number of flashes they emit in a lifetime, the attachments included, the size of the aperture/window and whether or not they are cordless.

Smaller window means it'll take longer, lack of attachments generally means they don't recommend using on the face (and may be slightly more awkward to maneuver around the bikini line). Cordless or not depends on where you are planning to use it and number of flashes determines how long it will last - once it's used up then that's it, you can't replace a bulb or anything.

efeslight Sat 22-Oct-16 13:47:14

I have one, in fact I have just shaved my legs so that I can use it tonight.
I am really hairy and it has certainly helped cut down the growth, but i still need to shave my legs.
Plan to start using it on my underarms, and my top lip as I bought the one with the facial attachment, but to be honest this attachment just seems to be a smaller version of the standard attachment.
I haven't used the lumea as often as recommended. If i had, i might have got better results, but i am impressed with it overall.
I don't know much about the different types, i think some come with the attachment you can use on the face, some don't.

efeslight Sat 22-Oct-16 13:48:18

Yes, I am also pale with darker hair, so the optimal colouring i think.

Mrstumbletap Sun 23-Oct-16 17:43:00

I think it's just the amount of flashes, so I just got one on a bargain deal at boots. Worked almost instantly on my underarms, couple of goes and there is barely anything left. I know legs will be trickier but I keep forgetting to do it, need to keep it in the lounge so I can do it infront of the telly!

bunny85 Wed 26-Oct-16 13:56:27

Thanks everyone! Off to boots now wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now