Talk

Advanced search

House of colour consultation

(11 Posts)
MolliesMum555 Sat 22-Oct-16 09:00:09

Hi, can anyone recommend a consultant in the Newark/Retford/ Lincoln area. None are local to me...a couple in the Sheffield/York area, but would like a recommendation if anyone's been. Possibly one in Harrogate too. Thinking of combining it with a girly day out and shop! Thanks x

buckeejit Sat 22-Oct-16 09:20:10

No, but just wanted to say loved my HoC day but I'm norn iron. Some will travel so get in touch with one and ask if you can't find a rec

Hopefully Sat 22-Oct-16 16:58:01

I'm a HoC consultant so can't comment from a personal client experience (and I'm in Devon, so I can't sell my own devices, disappointingly), but I know Elaine Gill is really experienced and knows her stuff, I believe she's up in that sort of area.

Hopefully Sat 22-Oct-16 16:58:26

Devices?! SERVICES. I have no devices to sell. FFS.

Ifihadmytimeagain Sat 22-Oct-16 18:04:05

Karina Leacock in Sheffield. Absolutely fabulous. Dry, witty, entertaining, lovely. Ex model. knows her stuff.

MolliesMum555 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:57:07

Thank you for your replies, always helpful when deciding where to go or who to see xx I'm sure that every consultant will be great so now l need to book and think about change! Think l could be spring and my clothes are mainly denim,black,navy and charcoal grey!!!

user1471545174 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:05:08

Really want to do one of these but always think the graduates of these courses end up wearing too many colours! Nothing wrong with navy, black, denim and charcoal grey 😀

MolliesMum555 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:18:22

I do think it could look odd wearing bright spring yellow, peach etc in the cold winter months.... but the idea of wearing colours to improve my appearance and limit my " what do l wear today" feelings appeals!! Catherine lane is probably the nearest to me....decisions...decisions!! The thing is, l also think it depends on your personality...l prefer to blend in to the background and spring/ bright colours would feel to much...come and look at confident me!!! When I'm not.

MohammedLover Sat 22-Oct-16 22:38:04

One of the best things I ever did. There are hiding in the background colours in all of the seasons I think....but there are also colours that may have been overlooked previously which do add a sense of joy after being 'done'.

Ifihadmytimeagain Sun 23-Oct-16 09:48:40

MolliesMum Im a blue spring and i only wesr bright colour as an accent (eg, a top or lipstick or nailvarnish etc). My main wardrobe is warm white, light grey, dark grey, denim. All the warm neutrals with the lightest near my face. Nobody will suggest you start wesring primary colours from head to toe! grin

MolliesMum555 Sun 23-Oct-16 17:38:02

Thanks ifihadmytimeagain...never really thought of it like that, thinking l would wear lots of colours...not thought of colour in terms of lipstick.. but that does make sense. Would the consultant cover lipstick and makeup in general.?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now