silver hoop earrings?

(18 Posts)
danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 18:55:08

I normally wear none, as I think earrings can be aging. But, am going for a fancy but low key lunch in Paris and feel like wearing them. There are a few hilarious threads about hoop earrings but they are quite old.

What do people think for this winter? Will be casual smart dress, jeans and shoulder length hair. But I am 45 T.I.A

wobblywonderwoman Fri 21-Oct-16 18:56:56

Ah....

I'm late 30s and gave up wearing them after a niece of dh said I looked like an (insult that I would not repeat)

That said, I love them and think you should go for it!

danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 19:00:31

Thanks for the reply wobbly, that is my fear. They're quite '80's' aren't they as well, I don't know if that is a good thing.

Lots of thread asking if they are 'chavvy'! Made me wonder! I was aiming for understated chic. They're from AGATHA and so French. I don't know!

ChickyDuck Fri 21-Oct-16 19:21:27

Whatever they say, I think in this case size does matter! How big are they OP? I think anything from teeny tiny to about a inch and a half in diameter can look really sweet or even quite cool. Personally, i think the massive ones are a bit early 2000s but then each to their own!

danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 19:35:24

They're about the size of a mini Vaseline tin. Quite big, but they don't look too big on. I never used to worry about stuff like this!
Thanks for your reply chicky!

imjessie Fri 21-Oct-16 20:06:29

I love hoops earrings . I'm not giving mine up yet and I'm 42!

danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 20:12:56

smile jessie right then, I'm going to go for it. DD said she likes them and she hates all things dressy uppy and makeup so they must be ok!
I'm aiming for understated cool. hmm!

Flisspaps Fri 21-Oct-16 20:15:27

I like big Kat Slater style hoops.

DH hates them. I wear mine to work and take them off in the car, DS always manages to yank on them anyway so everyone's happy grin

danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 20:19:31

Yes, I love them on Kat Slater! I'm just worried I'm clinging on to my youth in that out dated way people do.

Why does DH hate them Fliss?

JoJoSM2 Fri 21-Oct-16 20:22:38

I can't see why they'd be a problem... Actually, they might be fashionable again smile

danTDM Fri 21-Oct-16 20:25:51

JoJo, you're so kind!
You've made my day. I was so hoping they were fashionable again. They might well be.

grin

Flisspaps Fri 21-Oct-16 21:08:27

dan he thinks they're chavvy, and I do like to go for big shoulder-sitters!

I disagree!

Knitella Fri 21-Oct-16 21:26:29

I'd been fancying some hoops and ordered these the other day. Loads of hoops on the anthro website so looks like they are back in.

I don't often wear earring these days so I'll see how I go with them. Hoping to wear with a boho vibe.

Ifionlyknewthenwhatiknownow3 Fri 21-Oct-16 21:44:21

Awww I really thought you'd written 'hooping to wear with a boho vibe'

wobblywonderwoman Fri 21-Oct-16 21:47:36

I think I am getting mine out again grin

Aderyn2016 Fri 21-Oct-16 21:57:25

I've got some plain silver hoops, not massive but not tiny either. Sod what anyone else says, if you like them then that is good enough. Besides, truly stylish people tend to do their own thing and not worry too much about the opinions of others

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 21-Oct-16 22:00:16

They're really expensive for what they are on that website. I could get the same thing for about £12 at my local jewellers.

Definitely shop around.

Knitella Fri 21-Oct-16 23:28:17

ifonly ha! If only I was that witty!

Troll Yes, Anthropologie isn't cheap but on a cost per ware basis I get good value from the few items I have bought myself. The shops are lovely. This time I had a voucher which made it much less painful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now