Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you dress to look sexy, smart, pretty, attractive ?

(84 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Fri 21-Oct-16 17:57:41

What's the overall aim or look you go for ?
You know when you meet some people and they've more or less hot exactly what you've got on but somehow they always look, girlie, pretty, just nice.
Somehow no matter what I wear I just don't :-(

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 21-Oct-16 18:17:16

I aim to look stylish, and like myself. Pretty and girlie is not my bag - those are things I associate with children - but I hope I generally look well put together and polished. What do you think is not working about your clothes, OP? What sort of thing do you normally wear?

ShatnersBassoon Fri 21-Oct-16 18:20:11

Smart. I can't do anything else with what I have.

Pisssssedofff Fri 21-Oct-16 18:25:21

So basically no matter what it costs I seem to manage to look scruffy. I make bad choices I think.
I have a whistles biker jacket, pure white tshirt and jeans on but I don't have the right boots and always tbh feel like I look like a bloke in drag.
I'm 5'9" size 12 need to get back down to a 10, it's all on my stomach and arse.
When I'm not in my work dresses I just feel like a clown tbh

Alicesmith85 Fri 21-Oct-16 18:57:50

I dress for comfort but try to look smart/on trend at weekends.

Onlytimewilltell Fri 21-Oct-16 19:06:46

I dress for comfort but hope that I look clean and well presented. I have 2 different jobs, one requires a smarter dress code than the other. I'm content with my figure but I don't like my face so never feel I dress to look attractive as that is unachievable imo, but I try and wear things that show I am slim, rather than hiding under shapeless clothes.

BabyGanoush Fri 21-Oct-16 19:09:31

I aim to be:
- warm and comfy
- feminine (whatever that means)

So a soft knitted dress, opaques and comfy kick-ass boots is my favourite combo.

Or stretchy skinnies with a silk blouse

RedMapleLeaf Fri 21-Oct-16 19:14:10

I was going to say that I dress for comfort. Then I realised that I probably don't, as that would entail any old colours/styles/items just thrown on to be warm and comfortable.

So I realised that I dress to look a bit "edgy" and to put up a bit of a wall.

Which is thought-provoking.

Pisssssedofff Fri 21-Oct-16 19:16:35

Even if I'm wearing joggers, they never seem to be the "right" joggers, goes that make sense ?

hugoagogo Fri 21-Oct-16 19:18:13

Warm, comfy, clean, covered and appropriate.

IzzyIsBusy Fri 21-Oct-16 19:20:26

Depends what i am doing.

Work = smart
Date night = sexy
Wedding/party = pretty
On the pull =attractive/sexy

InglouriousBasterd Fri 21-Oct-16 19:23:39

Probably stylish - sporty. I'm at the gym a lot so live in gym gear - but even my normal clothes are on the sports end of the spectrum!

Fuzzypeggy Fri 21-Oct-16 19:25:26

Op I also struggle with casual wear more than lots of people seem to. I've decide that it's just my body shape and personal style, I just look better in smarter clothes. When I do dress casually I make sure I have embellishments or something different, as like you, I simply cannot do something as simple as t shirt jeans and jacket. Looks all wrong on me.

Statelychangers Fri 21-Oct-16 19:26:16

Good question!
I aim for cool, edgy, comfy....never sexy, poor dh!

witsender Fri 21-Oct-16 19:29:35

Comfortable
Appropriate
Classic but modern
Thought about

TheTattoedHand Fri 21-Oct-16 19:30:32

Just comfortable.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:32:55

Smart, classic and comfortable for work, and classic, comfortable and hopefully stylish for off-duty. I don't really do casual clothes well - more fitted stuff suits my proportions better.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:32:56

Quirky probably.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:33:59

..and stylish [i hope] Probably dont always get it right though.

WhatamessIgotinto Fri 21-Oct-16 19:36:07

Stylish and classy. I fail miserably a lot of the time though!

RebelandaStunner Fri 21-Oct-16 19:41:19

Classic for work
Badass for weekends

Flisspaps Fri 21-Oct-16 19:44:29

Nope.

I tend to look like I've rolled around the dressing up box most days. Imagine a hungover, low-budget Paloma Faith after getting 2 infant school kids ready in the morning grin

ChishandFips33 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:45:57

Comfortable and appropriate for the occasion - I don't follow fashion as such. I like what I like and what fits and feels right is what goes on that day!

LoadsaBlusher Fri 21-Oct-16 19:48:37

I dress to be stylish / trendy
Never sexy.
I wear a uniform at work so I'm smart at work.
Days off I like to be trendy and comfortable .

1frenchfoodie Fri 21-Oct-16 19:49:17

Hmm, good question.

At work I dress to look smart and competent (fairly traditional corporate environment).

Outside of work comfortable and stylish are what I go for. My current conception of sytlish is a bit geeky - oversized, slouchy tops, large tortoishell glasses and a modern take on a bowl haircut. Written down that sounds terrible...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now