Talk

Advanced search

Joules boots - naff or lovely?

(21 Posts)
OlafLovesAnna Fri 21-Oct-16 08:44:44

I really like these boots to wear with skinniest and dresses and tights in the winter but I can't decide whether they might be a bit naff.

I don't want to spend that sort of money on shoes that won't last me at least a couple of years and will they be a bit 'over' once the Christmas sparkles are out of the shops?

I'm also open to other smartish Chelsea boots but can't find any others I like.

taybert Fri 21-Oct-16 09:20:14

In terms of the boot, I don't really wear flat Chelsea boots and I don't tend to wear metallic shoes either, helpful eh? I just came on to say that Chelsea boots are very popular and I've also seen lots of metallic footwear about so I don't see why not if you like them.

burnishedsilver Fri 21-Oct-16 09:26:50

I like them but they're quite distinctive so, unless you love them, you might tire of them.

OlafLovesAnna Fri 21-Oct-16 19:04:44

Thank you for the opinions. I do like them a lot so I'm not sure what's holding me back

nextchapterplease Fri 21-Oct-16 19:27:33

Hi OP - I tried these on recently as also loved them - they weren't as amazing on as I had imagined they felt a bit wide on my ankles and then I realised I already have another pair of metallic boots!
So I resisted and will lurk on your thread for any other amazing Chelsea boot recommendations !

Not sure how helpful that is - but they are lovely boots !

WhooooAmI24601 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:28:26

I love them and would wear them to death, but my style generally involves some form of spangly-sparkle most days.

witsender Fri 21-Oct-16 19:30:42

I'm not a spangly person but I like them.

ChocolateIsNotSleep Fri 21-Oct-16 21:16:06

Can't see how much they are - but have you tried Neon Boots? They're not cheap but I adore mine and live in them. They have lots of styles including metallic.

1frenchfoodie Fri 21-Oct-16 21:37:40

Ooh, I like them. As taybert says both chelsea boots and metallic are on trend so why not so long as you like them.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 21-Oct-16 21:39:34

I love them. I do wonder if you might get a bit fed up of them though - you could try plain black with glittery tights or a blingy jumper maybe?

BikeRunSki Fri 21-Oct-16 21:39:51

I love them
If I didn't have size 9 feet I'd wear them everyday.

herecomesthsun Sat 22-Oct-16 07:38:05

I worry about the metallic finish coming off on silver boots/shoes, would love a pair otherwise.

Ilovewillow Sat 22-Oct-16 07:54:10

If have these in the brown/leopard print from last yr! They are lovely boots and really comfortable - they are my school run boots! I hadn't seen the metallic, I think they are lovely although I would keep the rest of the outfit quite plain! Go for it!!

FlamingoFling Sat 22-Oct-16 11:13:25

I like them.

Never been a flat boot person but recently bought some heeled Chelsea boots from Russel and Bromley and have been living in them

MumboNumber5 Sat 22-Oct-16 18:46:07

love them (have last year's tan/pink ones but much prefer these!). Really comfortable and school run boots of choice.

Cakescakescakes Sat 22-Oct-16 19:12:55

I love them. Off to google now...

doctorboo Sat 22-Oct-16 19:13:37

I'd love these...might have to add them to my xmas list...

Floisme Sat 22-Oct-16 19:15:55

I like them too but I'd only wear them with very plain stuff so they wouldn't work for me as everyday boots.

hiccupgirl Sat 22-Oct-16 20:47:50

I really like them but I wouldn't buy them because they are too distinctive and I'm not a fan of obvious items.

I wear flat Chelsea boots but plain ones.

Silverthorne Sat 22-Oct-16 21:01:59

Love the. Not naff all.

OlafLovesAnna Tue 25-Oct-16 21:06:08

I tried them on with jeans the other day and will go back and try them with tights soon just to double check. I think I get them though as I'm still gazing at them in the window!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now