Jeggings or jeans with stretch - high rise, small waist/curvy

(11 Posts)
previously1474907171 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:29:25

Could anyone please suggest something? I usually wear leggings,joggers or harem style (not the knee height gusset ones) as I have been trying for years to find jeans that don't fall down or have wide ankles.

I have a small waist but heavier hips and thighs and usually buy a 30W jeans, size 10 - 12. The only jeans I have are a pair of old boyfriend fit but they fall down and I have resorted to a stretchy belt and a air of Per Una Roma cut which fall down even with a belt and have wider ankles than I like.

I can't seem to find something that is higher rise (actually fits the natural waist) that will also stay up. I prefer narrow ankles and stretch fabric but think skinnies would be too narrow for the rest of me.

I desperately need something to wear.

Summerisdone Thu 20-Oct-16 18:43:15

I'd recommend a pair of jeggings for you over skinnies with stretch. I find jeans with stretch often become saggy after a few wears and washes whereas my jeggings usually keep their shape much longer and will still give you the necessary stretch where needed whilst still giving you the fitted/skinny effect.
Believe it or not, my favourite pairs are from primark and I also got a pair of high-waisted ones from there this summer which do not roll down on me

hp2 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:48:10

Just bought some Sainsburys skinnys, so comfortable, amazing stretch.I think they were only £15. Bargain!

museumum Thu 20-Oct-16 18:49:30

Five pocket jeggings from fat face. Loads of colours, stretchy but not elastic waist - proper button and zip.

eurochick Thu 20-Oct-16 19:03:05

I love the Gap high rise skinnies. The fit is amazing.

previously1474907171 Thu 20-Oct-16 19:28:42

Thank you everyone, do you all have slim thighs though? I don't.

Pestilence13610 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:16:40

I'm a 10-12 with solid thighs, most trousers allow me to stuff a cushion down the front or back. I can't go smaller coz I would either split the seams or cut off circulation.
My go to brands are Diesel and M&S, only ones where I fit into the skinnies.

poppym12 Thu 20-Oct-16 22:49:22

I've found the asos farleigh jeans to be quite well fitting. I bought 4 pairs and have now lost weight so I need to wear them as a looser style.

Bumblebzz Thu 20-Oct-16 23:14:44

Fcuk rebound skinnies

Sonotkylie Fri 21-Oct-16 09:16:08

Absolutely! Another vote for French Connection rebound skinnies. I now have 3 pairs all fantastic fit on legs, hips and waist and the ONLY jeans I can wear without a belt. I wear my usual size. It makes life so much easier!

Sugarandsalt Fri 21-Oct-16 09:23:50

I think it depends on just how big your waist:hip difference is. My waist is 27inches, widest point of thighs are 40inches, and I have never managed to get any trousers to fit my thighs and waist. Skinnies are ok I think as long as the material is thick enough. I quite like the topshop jamies- they are stretchy enough to cope with my thighs, high waisted. There's still a gap though unfortunately but not as bad as others I've tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now