Talk

Advanced search

Fab 'leather' skirt

(12 Posts)
smoothieooo Thu 20-Oct-16 11:32:05

I impulse bought this from Tu at Sainsburys while grocery shopping - I can't remember the last time I had so many compliments on an item of clothing - and it actually is a very good leather imitation. I've been wearing it with skinny black polonecks and flat boots.

Just felt the need to share....! grin

goodtimesroll Thu 20-Oct-16 14:30:07

Have been looking for a leather skirt for ages but they have never been nice enough to justify the huge pricetag! Happy with a faux one though and have ordered this in black, thanks for the tip :-)

smoothieooo Thu 20-Oct-16 14:54:09

Pleasure! I was worried it was a tad short but with opaque tights I think it's fine. I particularly like the pockets.

I actually think that Tu edges it over M&S at the moment!

goodtimesroll Thu 20-Oct-16 15:50:17

Defo, the equivalent in M&S doesnt look half as nice and is almost double the price! I've never bought from Tu before, excited to try it on. Really like skirts/dresses with pockets too.

I would really like a leather jacket too (not to wear with leather skirt haha) but think that will need to be real leather and in the sale!

smoothieooo Thu 20-Oct-16 16:16:30

I had that problem on Sat in that I couldn't wear my black leather jacket with the leather look skirt.... would be worse than double denim!

Oh... and the leather jacket was on eBay - short, biker style, nearly new and <fanfare> ... £12!

goodtimesroll Thu 20-Oct-16 16:42:46

What an amazing bargain!

My other half calls double denim a Canadian tuxedo, makes me chuckle :-) Can't beat Britney and Justin's double denim though!

smoothieooo Thu 20-Oct-16 16:54:36

I love that - never heard Canadian tuxedo before!

Double denim always makes me think of Jean Claude van Damme's dodgy threads in the beer ad! grin

goodtimesroll Thu 20-Oct-16 17:09:28

Brilliant! :-)

MinnieMinchkin Thu 20-Oct-16 19:36:24

Oh, I bought a real leather skirt like that in a charity shop over 20 years ago and always got compliments when I wore it. smile Possibly a bit short for me now...

smoothieooo Fri 21-Oct-16 11:13:00

Never Minnie ! I'm 5' 9" and very much the wrong side of 40 and don't think I'm kidding myself that I'm getting away with it!

MinnieMinchkin Fri 21-Oct-16 11:28:04

It might also be a little tight blush, Smoothie, but I bought a lovely burgundy one from Finery last year to make up for it grin

smoothieooo Fri 21-Oct-16 11:47:00

Very nice indeed! Haven't bought from Finery before but I like their slightly quirky edge...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now