Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

nickel free jewellery

(12 Posts)
theSwingingNun Tue 18-Oct-16 20:06:53

I'm looking for suggestions for jewellery brands which are nickel free - I like Hultquist and some Pilgrim - but they are a bit pricey for me and I can't afford them at full price - so I only buy in the sales, or off eBay.

So if I'm browsing eBay, what other makes could I be searching for?

thanks!

TeaStory Tue 18-Oct-16 20:12:55

Try titanium jewellery from Serenity Jewellery.

TeaStory Tue 18-Oct-16 20:13:32

www.serenityjewellery.co.uk

I've bought a few things from them and been very happy.

amazonianwoman Tue 18-Oct-16 20:27:22

I'd second Serenity Jewellery. Titanium earrings are the only ones which don't make my ears manky.

CallarMorvern Tue 18-Oct-16 22:18:03

I can only wear titanium earrings, which I get from Serenity too. I also bought a bag of titanium ear wires from an Etsy seller and converted lots of my non titanium dangly earings.

theSwingingNun Tue 18-Oct-16 22:25:35

thanks for replies!

I know what you mean about manky ears and earrings - I've almost given up on earrings totally now, and am enjoying necklaces instead ( but likewise can't have nickel on the back of my neck as it ends up an itchy weeping mess ). I've been looking at Lola Rose but most of it isn't my thing.

I've had a look at the link to Serenity - tbh I'm thinking more along the lines of makes that are similar in style to Hultqvist or Pilgrim...?? I like their jewellery and am looking for brands like them - I like that antiqued/burnished non shiny silver they often use. Shiny silver/gold is too bright for my mousiness - do you have any ideas for other brands I might like? I've had some great second hand buys off eBay and would like to broaden my knowledge of makes to search for.

thanks! :-)

theSwingingNun Tue 18-Oct-16 22:28:03

Actually I think my thread title is not what I really wanted to ask!.

I should have called it - Jewellery like Hultquist and Pilgrim?!

Mishaps Tue 18-Oct-16 22:31:53

You should try getting nickel free glasses! Even the plastic ones have nickel in the screws. And titanium ones cost an arm and a leg - especially with my prescription.

I found a really nice pair that were labelled as stainless steel, but when I looked them up online it turned out that they had a nickel coating!

CallarMorvern Tue 18-Oct-16 22:42:50

I do actually have titanium glasses, but surely no metal parts should be touching your skin anyway?

clippityclop Wed 19-Oct-16 00:19:01

For every day stuff Next, Monsoon and M&S are fine.

BringMeTea Wed 19-Oct-16 08:43:00

And Other Stories. Well, certainly their earrings. Assume rest of it would be fine.

theSwingingNun Wed 19-Oct-16 10:43:05

Is Monsoon ok? I have trouble with Accessorise, which is a shame because I like some of their stuff.

Most of the nickel free ranges ( or those which are not specifically nickel free but are ok like M&S) are just so safe and bland, or classic. I like my jewellery to be a bit more "interesting" for a want of a better word and not shiny!

Nickel free glasses sound like a tall order. I don't have that trouble ( plastic specs work fine for me) but can't buy belts with metal buckles - I only wear ones made of woven leather or fabric. Sometimes I just pull an old scarf through the belt loops - it may look like a bad style statement, but actually it's desperation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now