Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone find a coat like this but cheaper?

(8 Posts)
BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 18-Oct-16 15:56:13

Just curious, I am tempted to just get this one though grin

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/knee-length/janelle-waterproof-knee-length-hooded-raincoat_peat.htm

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 18-Oct-16 15:56:53

It needs to be knee length and waterproof, ideally in black or grey and up to an 18...

flowers

itstheyearzero Tue 18-Oct-16 16:15:41

Long enough?

"Jessica Simpson" Dark Grey Long Hooded Coat - TK Maxx
www.tkmaxx.com/jackets+coats/dark-grey-long-hooded-coat/invt/35018039

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 18-Oct-16 16:27:52

Not sure, I'd guess that ones about mid thigh?

(I'm a wheelchair user and get very wet thighs when it rains)

Nanasueathome Tue 18-Oct-16 16:30:29

I have recently bought a similar coat from Seasalt
It was also priced at £140
I paid just £70 as I hung on until it was half price
How desperate are you for you to have it now?
If you can wait just a short while I'm sure there will be a reduction

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Tue 18-Oct-16 17:50:37

Not desperate, I have a waterproof coat that's very waterproof, it just isn't as long as I like (it doesn't help that I'm 5'10!)

SesameSparkle Tue 18-Oct-16 22:55:46

That's a great coat, it's very long, warm and waterproof. The only coats I've seen that are like that are the ones from lands end, but I think pricing is quite similar. Seasalt do sometimes do 20% off, if you don't need it straight away - although there's a chance it might sell out if you leave it very late. Last year I think I spotted one of the colours in the January sales, but the others were still full price then. The only other thing to mention is it's quite a narrow coat - sitting in the car I felt I had less room to move in it - I don't know whether that might affect you if you use a wheelchair - mind you are quite a bit taller than me so the proportions will be very different.

987flowers Tue 18-Oct-16 23:23:09

I was going to say the same as nana, I bought a raincoat by signing up to their newsletter and waiting for the 50% reduction.

The sizing can be a bit strange so I went and tried loads on until I found one that fitted the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now