Hooded coat , rain proof, stylish?

(9 Posts)
firstimer30s Mon 17-Oct-16 21:11:34

So after getting totally soaked on the way to school pick up more than once (think running mascara) I have realised I need a warm, winter coat, but with a hood

Annoyingly I have a uniqlo belted down thing and it is totally not waterproof!

Any recommendations? Hood essential due to pram - pushing etc

If I can wear it to work that would be great too. And preferably under £100 but will consider more as I will probably spend the winter (the year?) in it.

Thank you in advance!

Nemesia Mon 17-Oct-16 21:17:15

I have just bought this merrell one from Taunton Leisure, not sure how warm it is but if you size up (they come up small) you can wear a fleece on cooler days.
www.tauntonleisure.com/merrell-women-039-s-windswept-jacket-black/p13999

Nemesia Mon 17-Oct-16 21:17:59

Or if you check out Trespass they have a sale on just now.

firstimer30s Tue 18-Oct-16 07:59:32

Thanks Nemesia

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Tue 18-Oct-16 08:10:20

I was coming on to recommend the uniqlo raincoat, think it's a different one? It's not belted but is totally waterproof. And smart. here. I have it in navy, and love it.

DaisyDaisydoo Tue 18-Oct-16 08:24:12

www.next.co.uk/go25504s1#449227

Hope the links works, I have this from next and I love it. Really nicely fitted shape but so warm. The hood zips in so keeps your neck warm when it's folded in but is a good size when you need it- and only £50!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Tue 18-Oct-16 08:58:01

The Joules rain range is surprisingly good.

firstimer30s Wed 19-Oct-16 22:32:58

Thanks Viking, yes different to the one I have
Daisy - nice! I like the hooded thing

zgaze Wed 19-Oct-16 22:36:21

I like the Seasalt raincoats (do live in a coastal town though where every other woman has one on). I've got a patterned knee length one but they have nice plain ones which are a bit less in your face. They're good quality, fit well, look nice on etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now