Talk

Advanced search

Lovely smelling shower gels that don't cost the earth?

(41 Posts)
startingtolooklikemother Mon 17-Oct-16 15:31:09

Well just that really, are there any lovely and luxurious smelling shower gels that don't cost the earth. I'm a bit sick of Sanex and fancy a change but don't want to end up smelling like a cheap sweet shop

Lottapianos Mon 17-Oct-16 15:33:31

Waitrose do a lovely range of their own brand shower gels that cost about £3 a bottle

I love Original Source Lemon and Tea Tree, Lime, Lavender and Tea Tree, Mango - all can be found for about £1

Mandara Spa range in Sainsburys - about £4 a bottle

Body Shop Olive, Moringa, Coconut or Shea butter - about £4 a bottle

Lottapianos Mon 17-Oct-16 15:34:40

Ooh also, Roger + Gallet at M&S are about £9 a bottle but can often be had for 20% off so depends on your budget

Ditto Korres at M&S, £8 a bottle full price. All smell gorgeous

pimmsy Mon 17-Oct-16 15:40:05

Could you add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oils to your sanex? If the important thing is the smell... that might do it and you could choose exactly the smell you want ! ( TBH, I have never done this and have no idea if it's actually a good idea )

MrsT2007 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:23:38

Waitrose peony and jasmine. It's gorgeous!

Loyly Mon 17-Oct-16 16:30:06

The sweet vanilla and cherry blossom Imperial Leather Foamburst is great.

ThoraGruntwhistle Mon 17-Oct-16 16:31:02

Radox ones are usually on offer for about £1 and smell really nice. The mandarin and pink grapefruit ones are lovely.

RainbowDashstolemyidentity Mon 17-Oct-16 16:35:27

Aldi do some lovely ones, v similar to original source. I bought one for when DS when he went away with school it came back unopened we've all been using it since!
75p bargain!!!

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Mon 17-Oct-16 16:43:15

Sainsbury's own, think they are 75p.

£4 for a bottle of shower gel?? shock

Overthinker2016 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:44:45

£8 for a shower gel !!!!!

Original source can be bought in Savers for about £1

FlyHighLittleBee Mon 17-Oct-16 16:47:24

Body shop is amazing!

TimTamTerrier Mon 17-Oct-16 17:02:06

I have to have SLS-free shower gels so mine are always a bit expensive. Jason is reasonably priced though, and the mango or apricot ones smell lovely.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 17-Oct-16 17:12:16

Bodyshop Pink Grapefruit is my favourite.

And (though its not a showergel) Bodyshop Absinthe Handwash (in a pump bottle so easy to use in the shower)

Original Source are good about £1, I bought the Coconut&Lime, it was ok but not a strong enough scent.

CQ Mon 17-Oct-16 17:14:29

Original Source are always on offer somewhere - never pay full price for them. I stock up when I see them for a pound, lemon and tea tree my favourite.

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Mon 17-Oct-16 17:16:17

The shops' own brands are virtually the same as Original Source, maybe not with so much of a wide range. Try Superdrug too.

HuckfromScandal Mon 17-Oct-16 17:17:07

I buy soap and glory. £6.50 a bottle, I stock up when it's 3/2. And it lasts for ages - months...I think it's because it's in a pump bottle,

SlinkyVagabond Mon 17-Oct-16 17:22:23

Seconding the Waitrose ones, I especially like the Camomile and Vanilla (smells like neither, just lovely and clean) but the others are nice too (do matching soap, which I much prefer to gel)

original source do a blue ginger one, (cant remember exactly what it is) got it from superdrug along with a liquorice one, they are unusual and lovely.

FrickOnAStick Mon 17-Oct-16 18:17:18

Seconding Korres, specifically the Japanese Rose or Santorini Vine scents. I buy them from feelunique in bogof packs for £8, rather than £8 for 1 in waitrose. They are lovely, the scent stays on your skin, they foam nicely (you only need a bit on one of those net shower puff things) and they aren't drying. I hide mine from DH and the kids are they use buckets of shower gel at every shower.

FrickOnAStick Mon 17-Oct-16 18:19:35

The vanilla cinnamon one is gorgeous if you want something more gourmand.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 17-Oct-16 18:22:58

I second Jason we love the camomile one it's lovely

KeepsAwayTheNargles Mon 17-Oct-16 18:38:05

I totally love Sanctuary's Happy Buddha, it's expensiveish and a foam but lasts bloody ages!

dannyglick Mon 17-Oct-16 18:38:53

TKMaxx always have a good selection of higher-end shower gels at discount prices.

myusernamewastaken Mon 17-Oct-16 18:55:35

I love the original dove....just a lovely clean fresh smell.

Itsautumn Mon 17-Oct-16 19:40:32

Love body shop shower gel and also the soap and glory ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now