Talk

Advanced search

Styling products & accessories for pixie cut

(4 Posts)
LegoCaltrops Sun 16-Oct-16 20:21:16

I used to have a pixie but grew it out as I didn't like the crunchy hair. But, I really feel like going back as I feel it looked much thicker at a short length (despite the hellish year of getting to ponytail length... I must be a masochist.) I'm thinking of something like this.

So can anyone suggest a good styling product or two for an easy pixie style please. I have very similar colouring & face shape to Emma Watson, but have straight hair. Not silly prices but I'll pay whatever is necessary for a quicker morning routine.

Also, what are your recommendations for a straightener please? Preferably something I can also curl it with, as mine tends to lay very flat.

Blueisthemagicnumber Sun 16-Oct-16 20:39:14

I used Paul Mitchell styling wax on mine to make it 'piecey'

LegoCaltrops Sun 16-Oct-16 21:55:56

Do waxes darken the colour? Mine tends to look several shades darker when oily, so would a wax have a similar effect?

Blueisthemagicnumber Mon 17-Oct-16 09:08:51

Mine didn't, and I was both brunette and peroxide blonde! Use it sparingly and build up. Also pat it between your fingers a few times to warm it up, and so you don't have a wax blob in your hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now