We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a new work bag

(5 Posts)
Dulcimena Sun 16-Oct-16 17:18:42

It must be reasonably lightweight, big enough to fit A4 paperwork, tablet etc, sit happily on my shoulder, be appropriate to walk into all sorts of companies/industries with, so neither flashy nor frumpy. Ideally leather, probably black. Budget is probably up to around £150 but can be a bit flexible.

My last two work bags were a black rucksack that was wonderfully practical but not especially stylish, and a black leather Cos tote that's now looking a bit tired.

Thinking of maybe a Longchamp Pliage primarily for weight, but does it look a bit sloppy? I saw these at Other Stories this perforated tote and this scuba leather one. What do you think?

Anyone have good or bad experience of Osprey or Jaegar bags esp with regards to quality? I can get to their outlet stores pretty easily if they're good potential options.

Recommendations of any other brands or specific bags would be amazing. Thank you!

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 16-Oct-16 18:27:45

I have this tote - very roomy and hard wearing - I can carry a laptop inside.

Roygrace Sun 16-Oct-16 18:32:59

What's your budget?

I have this and love it and get lots of compliments
uk.coach.com/coach-designer-purses-turnlock-hobo-in-polished-pebble-leather/36762.html?dwvar_color=LIBUR&src=googleshopping&cid=UK_SEM_PLA_36762&spu=0&cid=UK_SEM_G_pla-169267487542

Dulcimena Sun 16-Oct-16 18:42:20

Thanks both.

Grim That sounds great - I've not heard of that company before, I'll have a look through their site now. Thanks.

Roy around £150 ideally. Your one looks lovely but I think I'd like something more angular... I'll look at their range, thank you for the rec.

Monkeybunkey Mon 17-Oct-16 10:00:30

I have a lovely bag from Dune, a bit like this one: www.dunelondon.com/dollianna-drawstring-shoulder-bag-0019505680007038/.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now