Talk

Advanced search

Help - what's the best thing for curling hair?

(16 Posts)
thiswayplease Sun 16-Oct-16 13:35:46

There's a curler type thing that's meant to give you amazing curls but I can't remember what it's called, can anyone help?

Is it Remington/babyliss?

quicklydecides Sun 16-Oct-16 13:37:28

It's babyliss. The curls are great but it's a big piece of kit so I have it stored away in a drawer so hardly use it.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 16-Oct-16 13:56:31

If you have straighteners, you can curl with those. Clamp a section of hair and angle the irons, twisting as you run it down the hair. It's easier than it sounds!

themindbogglesallthetime Sun 16-Oct-16 14:05:34

I've just brought a chopstick curler it's absolutely brilliant! And only £9/10 of Amazon it's a lee Stafford one the reviews were brilliant. When I curl mine it lasts for days aswell

PNGirl Sun 16-Oct-16 14:45:28

Also love the Lee Stafford chopstick. You need to run your fingers through after or you look like a poodle though!

JamieVardysParty Sun 16-Oct-16 17:08:28

GHD straighteners. There's a reason that most hairdressers use them for curling.

WhisperingLoudly Sun 16-Oct-16 17:46:53

I use GHDsbut I think you mean the curl secret

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 16-Oct-16 17:53:36

I use GHDs to curl but you do have to be careful not to burn your hair. The trick is to keep the irons moving quickly through your hair, do not hold it in one place while curling. The flipside of the high temperature is that the curls will hold their shape like nothing else.
If you're not confident enough with irons, then a curling wand would be a better bet.

taybert Sun 16-Oct-16 18:02:21

I'm rubbish at hair and find straighteners way easier than a wand.

Peopleplease Sun 16-Oct-16 19:18:04

I've tried and tried with my GHDs and CANNOT manage to get a curl.

Littlebeek Sun 16-Oct-16 19:47:29

I can't for the life of me get curls with my ghds and I've tried so many times.

I have the babyliss curl secret and it does give you curls but you can only put a small amount of hair in so they end up being tight curls which I don't like on me sad

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 16-Oct-16 20:01:42

Little you might have more success with heated rollers. For bigger curls use larger rollers and more hair and leave them in until they cool down. It's a bit time consuming but might be worth trying for special occasions or a night out or something.

Alternatively, you could ask your hairdresser to show you how to curl with GHDs.

Littlebeek Sun 16-Oct-16 20:18:39

I've got heated rollers and they give my hair body but not curls.
My hairdresser did show me with ghds and I've you tubed it, even got my DH to have a go!
Still no joy!

thiswayplease Sun 16-Oct-16 20:19:52

Thanks everyone, I can curl with straighteners but I want big bouncy waves/curls.

Perhaps the babyliss one isn't for me...

JustCallMeKate Sun 16-Oct-16 20:27:41

I use the babyliss curl secret. It had various settings on how much of a curl you want. If you want loose curls you just change the settings. I wouldn't be without mine tbh.

chloesmumtoo Mon 17-Oct-16 09:53:11

We love the Lee Stafford chop stick too. Had never used anything before. Love the results. I use it to do my teens hair. We have the Lee Stafford wave machine but not tried it out yet. We did purchase another Lee Stafford curling multi tong which we found rubbish, poor result which fell out super quick too so would not recommend that one. You can see videos on you tube to get an idea what the chopstick curls look like but they may be too full/small/tight for what your after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now