We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Merrell boots question

(9 Posts)
bibblebobblebubble Sat 15-Oct-16 23:06:20

I finally ordered myself a pair of Merrell boots having seen them mentioned on Mumsnet so many times - these ones -

boots ink{http://www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/sylva-mid-buckle-waterproof/26955W.html\www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/sylva-mid-buckle-waterproof/26955W.htm]]l}

They are lovely and comfy BUT I'm in two minds about keeping them. I wanted to use them for standing watching DS play football, but not sure how well the mud would clean off the suede - anyone know? Also I don't really love the patterned strip down the back. Any thoughts (or alternatives to try)?

bibblebobblebubble Sat 15-Oct-16 23:21:54

Oops link fail

this one

and image showing back

PickAChew Sat 15-Oct-16 23:41:28

I've had waterproofed suede boots and cleaning was pretty painless - just let it dry and it rubs off.

The furry bit might be more problematic, though.

HelloCanYouHearMe Sun 16-Oct-16 07:12:26

I have these ones OP i love them.... warm, waterproof and without all the fancy bits, just a zip on the inside

HelloCanYouHearMe Sun 16-Oct-16 07:14:41

Sorry, didnt answer your question about the mud.... im yet to take mine across any muddy fields, but if i did, I would leave the mud to dry and then brush off. I imagine they would come up fine..... ive gotten mine wet numerous times and the material hasnt marked

AgathaMystery Sun 16-Oct-16 13:32:31

I have the leather ones and they are bomb proof. Not sure about the furry bits though.

bibblebobblebubble Mon 17-Oct-16 23:19:25

I like those Hello but seem to be discontinued and all sold out in my size.

The boots are going back... just don't quite love them enough. Going to get some posh wellies instead so I don't have to worry about how much mud gets on them!

acurtis1234 Tue 18-Oct-16 07:44:32

Dont get wellies for watching sport, your feet will freeze. You need something with a decent lining. Its not the mud you need to worry about, its the standing still on cold ground which will kill you first.

acurtis1234 Tue 18-Oct-16 12:45:12

Meant to say I think the one's you've bought or any similar Merrell ones will be fine. Waterproof suede and leather on those type of boots is completely different to normal shoes, much sturdier and easier to clean as pp have said.

You could also look at Sorel or North Face for similar boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now