Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for flight to Vegas help!

(16 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 15-Oct-16 21:42:39

Oh I'm dreading the 10 hour flight just for five nights. Still, I shouldn't complain. My feet will blow up like balloons and then I have five days of walking around and five nights of going to shows. All next month and it's still 25 degrees so, any ideas what I can wear for the flight that will look good over there?

CMOTDibbler Sat 15-Oct-16 21:45:39

Fitflops or similar thick soled flip flops - I have sparkly sequinned ones. Take warm socks for on the plane

Oldraver Sat 15-Oct-16 21:53:43

My feet swell on long flights and the only thing that helps are flight socks and trainers done up tightly...

I've had my feet swell on a short flight and feet swelled enough for me only to be able to wear flip flops which is ok on a beach holiday...not good if you are going to be walking lots...and you will in LV

EachandEveryone Sat 15-Oct-16 22:30:24

Oh I need something abit stylish I'm hoping we can change on an evening and it won't be like NYC where u are so knackered u just stay out

PNGirl Sun 16-Oct-16 08:22:01

I always travel in trainers as I need decent support for walking during the day. Something like Adidas Superstars as they are nice and wide for swollen feet.
For evening on my last city break I took flat leather studded sandals.

EachandEveryone Sun 16-Oct-16 18:12:25

Superstars really hurt my toes unless they just need alot of breaking in? Maybe converse?

HermioneWeasley Sun 16-Oct-16 18:13:29

Is there a reason you can't take another pair of shoes with you?

fluffybaloon Sun 16-Oct-16 18:47:49

Flight socks. Put them on just before you board & whip off as you land.
It's the way to avoid elephant feet and a DVT too

jeaux90 Sun 16-Oct-16 18:55:19

Birkenstocks and wooly socks for the flight. It's bloody freezing. I go to Vegas and what worked for me (wanting to be glam but knowing how far it is even to walk to the hotel reception from your room) is the ugg wedge sandals. I have a couple of pairs in different styles and can wear them all day/night.

burnishedsilver Sun 16-Oct-16 18:58:10

My legs and feet swell badly. Sleeping in flight socks on the first night after arriving makes a huge difference.

Youremywifenow Sun 16-Oct-16 19:08:05

I'd go shopping when you get there.

The most comfortable shoes I have ever owned are Sam Edelman sandals with a very slight heel. Not these ones but the sole/heel is the same. Honestly I could walk in them all day. Mine are gold so work for evenings as well. There's a shop in LV at Caesars and the Gigi sandals seem to be reduced.
www.samedelman.com/en-US/Product/EC0220081-3014922/Sam+Edelman/Golden+Caramel+Suede/Dawson+Suede+Gladiator+Sandal.aspx.

EachandEveryone Sun 16-Oct-16 20:08:59

I can take more than one pair of shoes but im figuring the ones i wear on the flight will be mysinly my every day shoes when i get there.

MissBeehiving Sun 16-Oct-16 20:23:09

I like Toms del Ray sneakers - light and can be worn loose. Very comfortable and still cool, apparently ...

www.toms.co.uk/women/grey-felt-suede-womens-del-rey-sneakers

Kirriemuir Sun 16-Oct-16 21:28:22

Sketchers go walk. Really comfy and would be good in the flight.

travailtotravel Sun 16-Oct-16 22:46:48

You must wear flight socks and drink loads and loads of water. I am always worse when i drink on a flight so restrict alcohol and salty foods. And do lots of foot circles and leg stretches too. i can suffer for days with swollen ankles from a flight.

Flight socks for the first night there is a great idea I am going to try that.

EachandEveryone Mon 17-Oct-16 12:41:37

Im working the night before so will have to sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now