Talk

Advanced search

Boden spring preview...already!

(19 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Sat 15-Oct-16 20:55:37

www.bodenpreview.co.uk/

CaroleService Sun 16-Oct-16 07:23:44

H'mmm. First impressions: I've seen it all before.

Any sign of the usual preview code?

BoSelectaBigBiff Sun 16-Oct-16 08:04:27

9G2N for 20% off plus free delivery & returns.

Pisssssedofff Sun 16-Oct-16 08:34:05

Literally nothing I would wear if it was free 😟

PollyPerky Sun 16-Oct-16 08:48:03

Hmmm. I'm liking Boden less and less. Always the same stuff but just different colours.
I'm beginning to think they will blacklist me: 95% of what I order goes back.

Everything is just so shapeless. Or garish. Or horrible colours.
I have one or two basics- trousers and the odd T/ cardi but that's it.

usernumber007 Sun 16-Oct-16 09:20:20

I've ordered the modern weekend dress for myself but suspect it will be sent back.
Found the boys clothes ok. Better then a/w anyway

Follyfoot Sun 16-Oct-16 09:33:53

There isn't a single item I'd buy there. The only things I keep from Boden are plain, well-cut items in usable colours. That collection is full of the shapeless clothes and tired designs that they bring out every year, in even worse prints than normal.

BoSelectaBigBiff Sun 16-Oct-16 10:47:07

I wasn't too impressed either. Lots of awful pastel colours, even more "interesting" prints than usual, and I agree that everything looked really shapeless. Very disappointing. Hopefully they'll have more when the range actually launches.

CaroleService Sun 16-Oct-16 11:00:46

They didn't have any photos of the clothes on models. Hence no real idea of what they look like (except shapeless)

polyhymnia Sun 16-Oct-16 11:25:56

Haven't had a look yet. But agree what I like if theirs are the plain coloured basics.

Floisme Sun 16-Oct-16 11:47:55

See I don't mind that it's always the same. I know what I want in that preview without even looking: a couple of plain long sleeved cotton Ts and one of those slouchy V neck jumpers (cotton mix, not the ££ cashmere) hopefully in a good range of colours. In fact I shall be very pissed off if they've messed with them. When I want new and experimental I go somewhere else.

polyhymnia Mon 17-Oct-16 11:56:25

Yes, agree with Floisme.

Love2dance Mon 17-Oct-16 14:24:05

I tend to go for the wrap dresses, depending on the print (didn't bother this year. The preview monochrome one is ok but the blue and green are a bit dull for me - why not something sunnier?) and I think the Christina shirt dress is nice. Really like the military style Florence blazer, but not sure whether it might be a bit boxy rather than fitted (hard to tell without a model photo) and therefore whether I want to pay up that much for an unlined jacket.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 17-Oct-16 16:50:51

I haven't seen it yet but for me the main point of Boden is that I've seen it all before, know what it is and what I'm getting, so I can add something or replace it easily.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 17-Oct-16 19:31:21

Not sure about the colours, I don't like primary colours.

Northernlurker Mon 17-Oct-16 19:45:57

I'm still in a huge grump about them reducing the size 22s they are offering.
I think they've really lost their way tbh. I was looking at the bags the other day and all are expensive leather. They used to do some nice mid price options too but not any more.

polyhymnia Tue 18-Oct-16 09:09:17

Another furious at the reduction in 22s - though have to admit many of the items in the Spring preview do go up to 22. Was worried they might drop them altogether. Still not many I want to order - too much pattern, e.g. on Richmond trousers which I like.

41coffeeslater Tue 18-Oct-16 11:27:39

Wish they hadn't messed around with Johnny B range. It was a great solution that both Dd1 and I agreed on. why would she want to wear the same as her 4 year old sister?

polyhymnia Tue 18-Oct-16 14:15:03

Meant that I like Richmond trousers a lot as a good plain basic, not the garish patterns in the preview.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now