Talk

Advanced search

On the hunt for Xmas party wear

(14 Posts)
Disabrie22 Sat 15-Oct-16 19:47:47

Have you seen anything you like? So far nothing for me but I would love something sparkley and special

acurtis1234 Sat 15-Oct-16 22:00:20

You're too early. All the xmas party stuff will be coming in the next couple of weeks once the current mid (or quarter or weekly, are we ever out of sale) season sales are over.

Disabrie22 Sat 15-Oct-16 23:10:33

Ok I'll keep an eye out - I did find two lovely dresses in FCUK though

Disabrie22 Sat 15-Oct-16 23:10:42

Crap at linking

CaroleService Sun 16-Oct-16 07:27:44

There's a sequin tube skirt just come in at Warehouse for £39. Looks good (and comfy)

imjessie Sun 16-Oct-16 08:30:37

I've been looking , I order some lipsy and specifically Jessica Wright dresses from next and they are very flattering if you are hourglass ( or maybe if not but I am ) nice thick material .. im guessing Debenhams will have loads in soon .

StephenKatz Sun 16-Oct-16 09:58:48

LOVE the Jessica Wright dresses jessie What are they like for sizing? I usually take an 8 in Next but I know they're big fitting!

imjessie Sun 16-Oct-16 14:13:12

I'd say they are about right . I got 10/12/14 because I wasn't sure and the 12 is about bang on .. I would say I'm a 12 at the mo .. they are made for hour glasses though so I think they are shaped like that which is perfect for me . Thy are long though ! I'm going to need to get it shortened .

imjessie Sun 16-Oct-16 14:14:00

I would say they are more lipsy sizes than next so smaller rather than bigger as they are just sold via next not made for them as such .

RosieWithTheGoodCreditHistory Sun 16-Oct-16 15:41:14

I've seen the most perfect black velvet slip dress in m&s (of all places) that I'll be purchasing and wearing to pretty much everything. May buy a sparkly clutch or reuse last year's

imjessie Mon 17-Oct-16 18:48:59

Can you link to it rose ?

CremeDeSudo Tue 18-Oct-16 08:44:26

Place marking as am also thinking about Christmas party wear - I struggle every year! I have a blue sparkly tube skirt I'd like to wear but for some reason I can never find a top to go with it. Might try the h&m v neck silk one that's been mentioned in another thread..

I saw a sparkly dress in warehouse the other day that looks worth trying on at least www.warehouse.co.uk/gb/clothing/dresses/sparkle-split-neck-dress/027424.html?dwvar_027424_color=50&position=8&cgid=dresses

Bananajam Tue 18-Oct-16 09:38:25

Next have a couple of dresses in but nothing that makes me want to buy. I have several nights out this year with the same work colleagues so can't get away with the same outfit - annoying.

Vintagegirl1 Tue 18-Oct-16 12:51:17

I have too many xmas party dresses and not enough nights out to wear them to! Crap at links but if anyone can be arsed,I have-
Pinup couture red Monica dress
Pinup couture green ava dress
Collectif red penny dress
Collectif morticia dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now