Help me dress for a wedding

(15 Posts)
TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 18:22:08

Going to a wedding in November and bought this dress. It's all day in a hotel but I'm thinking I'll need something to go on top to stop me getting chilly, especially as I think I'll have to brave going bare legged.
I've tried a fur jacket (looked horrendous) and want something fitted. Any suggestions?

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 18:31:09

I'd not go bare legged in November, crikey. 'Nude' tights would add a teeny bit of warmth.

What colour(s) are your shoes and bag and what's the budget for the jacket?

burnishedsilver Sat 15-Oct-16 18:41:20

Something like this?
m.coast-stores.com/p/lace-mab-cover-up/1569941?locale=en

TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 19:02:22

I was hoping to wear a pair of navy wedges I already have, so ruled out nude tights. Don't really have the budget for new shoes and a jacket, probably about £40 tops. Bag will be a Primark cheapy or whatever I can borrow.

TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 19:04:48

Burnishedsilver; Something like that I was looking for, but I am blessed of nork, would it look too matronly?

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 19:26:10

Nude tights and navy wedges would be fine. I think the are toeless ones about if the wedges are peeptoe.

The cardigan is nice but lace with lace is never such a good plan. Pattern clash.

Do you still have the receipt for the dress? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it would almost certainly be cheaper to get a dress with sleeves than buy a dress and jacket separately. this is 30 quid and very similar to yours except for the sleeves.

Will have a look for a jacket.

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 19:42:09

this could well work very nicely with navy. Hugely reduced.
Navy should be fine. The colour match will never be exact but the difference in texture helps to make sense of that. this is very nice but maybe not as fitted as you'd like.

TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 20:04:27

The first jacket us lovely but may be a little boxy.
I think I've resigned myself to returning the dress and starting again. Ideally I'll find something that I can wear black tights and black heels with. How much black is acceptable at a winter wedding?

TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 20:07:31

These are two dresses I already have, but I'm worried I'll look too somber with so much black.

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 20:08:39

I like this a lot and it'd be great with black tights and heels. Would leave a lof of choice for a bag too. Not sure if it's short short or just above the knee though.

Black is fine at wedding but usually not all black or plain black.

What size are you after?

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 20:12:03

x post.

Either of those would be absolutely fine! Very nice in fact.

TowerOfJoy Sat 15-Oct-16 22:02:57

Plan A is one last shopping trip to find another dress that can be worn with existing black shoes and tights. Plan B will be to wear one of the dresses I already have and spend the money on a smart winter coat.

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Oct-16 23:42:00

I'd just go with Plan B, TBH.

TowerOfJoy Mon 17-Oct-16 20:01:46

Problem solved! I'm going with another dress I already have, finally fit back in to it post dd. Works well with tights and I picked up a new blazer in Asda for only £14, bargain.

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Oct-16 10:55:19

Excellent smile

Good luck with the winter coat, a much better investment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now