Talk

Advanced search

Hair Serum Help Needed please ...

(6 Posts)
chocaholic73 Sat 15-Oct-16 15:22:15

I have been in denial that Tresemme have discontinued their salon sleek smoothing serum as I had stocked up but now I need to find a replacement. I have tried others in the past and they either haven't worked or they've made my hair really oily. Please tell me about good ones - my hair is wavy but I straighten it and it has a tendency to frizz at the slightest sign of moisture. I have searched/looked and am totally bemused at the amount of stuff out there and have no idea what is good and what is not.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 15-Oct-16 18:41:58

I swear, all my favourite products get discontinued after a while. So annoying!
By far the best I've found is L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil. It's about £9 a bottle so fairly pricey but lasts for ages. I rub a bit in my hands and smooth over damp hair before drying/straightening. It gives a lovely shine and, heat protects and is not at all greasy.

Monkeyface26 Sat 15-Oct-16 18:50:39

Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Diamond Cristalli Liquidi Illuminating Serum - fabulous shine from this on my otherwise v dull hair.
(Amazon have it)

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 15-Oct-16 18:55:08

Moroccan Oil Light is brilliant stuff. The normal one is too heavy for my hair but the light one leaves it shiny, swingy and not unlike one of those Timotei girls from the 80's.

Cakescakescakes Sat 15-Oct-16 18:56:22

Toni and Guy do one in a grey bottle which is good. The Avon Daily Shine one is also really excellent and is currently £6 but but one get one free which is a total bargain. I'm a total high end beauty junkie but this Avon one is a real gem.

www.avon.uk.com/product/307-476-3745/haircare/serums/advance-techniques-daily-shine-dry-ends-serum

spankhurst Sat 15-Oct-16 18:57:51

Second Extraordinary Oil. It's fab and often on offer somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now