Talk

Advanced search

Searching for "lost" knicker style... do you have any suggestions?

(13 Posts)
LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 14:02:51

I have been looking around High Street clothing stores for months, searching for a style of knickers called Tanga or Bikini (I think?). This style must have thin bands of elastic, across the thigh (not thick bands), which is the main difference to the usual design stocked everywhere it seems (sigh). The thin elastic is kinda cute & I would really like to find a retailer that stocks the style again. I prefer plain designs to prints, but that is less important...

If anyone knows the name of a store or retailer where I can get these, please let me know. Thanks :-)

YoullNeverWeeAlone Sat 15-Oct-16 14:05:13

Like these?
www.freemans.com/products/pack-of-10-tanga-briefs/_/A-865989_6?utm_source=GoogleProductList&utm_medium=PLA&utm_campaign=Lingerie_Briefs_Briefs&utm_content=865989&ns_campaign=Lingerie_Briefs_Briefs&ns_mchannel=PLA&ns_source=GoogleProductList&ns_linkname=865989&ns_fee=0&ordermedia=F0107&name=25PERCENTOFF&orderoffercode=E2YP&entry=3

LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 15:19:05

Thanks very much for the link. Those knickers are very close to my ideal, but the elastic bands still look a little wide, judging by the photographs.

If I can't find any different pairs with thinner bands, then yea I'll probably try the Freeman's multi pack, they aren't expensive & are plain white :-)

I will keep searching in the mean time... thanks again. Lorna

WordGetsAround Sat 15-Oct-16 15:20:07

I wear these - from M and S. Will try and find them.

dontpokethebear Sat 15-Oct-16 15:21:32

Ooh I used to love a tanga! Then I had children and got love handles.

The ones in the link are how I remember them!

WordGetsAround Sat 15-Oct-16 15:24:53

I've looked through all their pants online and can't find them. So annoying - I only bought mine a few years ago. Thin elastic at the sides is no more than 3mm.

LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 15:25:51

Yes, there is something a little "cute" about Tanga style... Kinda wonder why they are so difficult to find now??

LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 15:31:08

Thanks for taking the time to search the M&S site.. I've been in the stores more than once looking too. I did read that M&S used to stock really nice Tanga style knickers. I've never actually seen them in store myself, but they do have a lot of other styles... thank you again. Lorna :-)

KitKats28 Sat 15-Oct-16 15:45:22

Bonprix have these

LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 15:54:54

Thank you for the link. The knickers at Bonprix are very similar, but have two elastic side bands!! It is almost funny, how rare this style is!

I've never seen the Bonprix store before, so thanks for the information, I will look into it more... Lorna.

InTheDessert Sat 15-Oct-16 16:02:45

[[https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018M3R2XO/ref=pd_sbs_193_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H93XH0C6F6X44SRM9ZKZ Amazon sell everything!)

InTheDessert Sat 15-Oct-16 16:03:14

Opps, do they sell brain cells too?

LornaUK Sat 15-Oct-16 16:13:11

Thank you very much for the link. Yes it seems Amazon do sell everything...maybe even brain cells? Lorna :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now