Layering = monoboob. What am I doing wrong?

(25 Posts)
RoganJosh Sat 15-Oct-16 10:59:02

I'm finding that I'm cold in my jumpers and needing a vest top underneath. However, the vests are giving me a mono boob. Do I need bigger vests? Different vests? Does anyone have any clue what I mean? grin

JanetStWalker Sat 15-Oct-16 12:42:44

Yes! I caught sight of myself in a shop window and oh goodness, I saw Granny Bertha staring straight back at me shock I wear a 30E so it's not a case for bra intervention, it's deffo the vests!

Watching with interest...

taybert Sat 15-Oct-16 14:18:47

I'd go for a thinner vest- either a silky camisole type thing or the uniqlo airism ones and size up so a bit draped rather than clingy.

Fuzzypeggy Sat 15-Oct-16 15:20:42

Ooh, I'd never thought about this before but now you've said it, I think l I have the same thing. Yes I think silky cami type vest works better than a stretchy vest. I must make a point of ditching the stretchy ones now you've enlightened me to this op!

JanetStWalker Sat 15-Oct-16 15:22:53

Hmm, mine are very thin viscosey drapey ones...maybe a bit too drapey?

BikeRunSki Sat 15-Oct-16 15:23:16

Yep, I agree. Stretchy vests sort of bridge the cleavage and form a monoboob.

RoganJosh Sat 15-Oct-16 16:38:13

I'm so pleased it's not just me! Floppy ones here I come. Vests, not boobs, hopefully.

acornsandnuts Sat 15-Oct-16 16:45:17

Thank you rogan I was looking in the mirror this morning thinking something didn't look right but couldn't put my finger on it but this was it. Monoboob with a stretchy vest.

Any recommendations for slinky viscose vests rather that silky?

JanetStWalker Sat 15-Oct-16 17:00:04

But my slinky viscose type vests gave the same monoboob effect so I'm not entirely convinced that's the answer, on my anatomy at least confused

My bust still pulled the front of the vest causing the tenting.

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:04:16

I'm 28FF and wear stretchy vests (the long Hush ones), under jumper dresses, jumpers and the like but no mono boob so not sure it is the vests. Could it be bra type? I wear balcony ones.

Unless I've been rocking a mono boob and haven't noticed. Not wearing one today but definitely double checking next time.

Fuzzypeggy Sat 15-Oct-16 17:05:24

Def the vests for me, bra is fine and also balcony Enid

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:10:44

Right someone will have to explain mono boob to me because Google...well you can imagine. Zero help.

Do you mean the fabric goes straight across with no obvious dip in the middle? Like the pic? Because that looks OK to me.

SuperManStoleMyPants Sat 15-Oct-16 17:14:59

Yup I need n explanation also.

Google was most unhelpful!

SuperManStoleMyPants Sat 15-Oct-16 17:15:19

*an

RoganJosh Sat 15-Oct-16 17:17:17

Yes, that's what I mean. Without a vest there's a valley.

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:19:19

But that looks 'normal' to me. I'm going to put a vest and stretchy jumper dress on now to check. I'll report back.

This is what comes up in a Google search and I'm guessing it's not that. grin

Daisymclazy Sat 15-Oct-16 17:19:35

Enid, it's when you put another layer on that the monoboob appears. Vest on it's own is fine.

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:35:08

Results of my scientific experiment are in.

I put a stretchy vest on then a stretchy but fairly thick jumper dress and I suppose there is a bit of one but there's a slight curve inwards in the middle and the two bumps are discernible from each other. Pressed the middle in and it looks weird like that.

Still think it's normal. Fabric will stretch between the two highest points. Verdict is out.

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:35:26

Jury even.

Fuzzypeggy Sat 15-Oct-16 17:41:34

I think the issue is when the top layer is quite loose and the vest underneath is tight. Tight jumper and tight vest is no issue as the jumper would give mono boob anyway

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:42:44

Uni boob. Like when you wear a sports bra? Got it now.

I think it looks fine as its obvious it's the stretchy top and unavoidable. I've learnt something today anyway. Sorry I was zero help.

Freshprincess Sat 15-Oct-16 17:42:55

i never knew I had this problem and I wear vests virtually 11 months of the year.

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 17:44:32

Fuzzy Ah ok. That makes sense I think.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 15-Oct-16 18:06:27

OMG Enid that picture grin

EnidButton Sat 15-Oct-16 18:07:37

Don't you like my new jumper dress Felicia? shock How rude.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now