Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever had a facelift or surgical facial 'work'? come and tell me about it please.

(6 Posts)
SlottedSpoon Fri 14-Oct-16 19:54:17

What have you had and are you pleased with the results?

After some disastrous fillers that need to be dissolved and re-done, I am now seriously considering everything some sort of surgical procedure as a long term solution.

I have had a consultation with a surgeon to discuss extended blepharoplasty which is basically a reduction of saggy hooded upper eyelids incorporating a bit of work above and below the eyes.

But as I also hate by saggy, wobbly neck and jowls I'm wondering whether I should just go the whole hog and have a whole facelift instead of doing everything piecemeal. Apparently having your forehead lifted cures a large part of the saggy eyelid and downward drooping eye problem anyway.

I am not scared about the procedure itself but looking at before and after pics on the google images some things have very mixed results and I really need to make sure I do my research.

SlottedSpoon Fri 14-Oct-16 19:56:34

Sorry, meant to say the surgeon suggested a 'mid face' lift as part of the blepharoplasty as a way of lifting the horrid sagging pouches that sit towards the outer corners of my eyes and around the cheek bone. But it won't solve the turkey neck and awful jowls.

Disabrie22 Fri 14-Oct-16 23:43:19

I haven't had one but my auntie did and it took ten years off over night - read the Liz Jones article about her facelift - it's brutally honest.

SlottedSpoon Sat 15-Oct-16 08:42:41

I will, thanks!

SlottedSpoon Sat 15-Oct-16 08:43:59

My biggest fear is ending up looking like someone who has had an obvious facelift or someone in their 50s trying to look 30 and failing.

I just want to look like a fresher, less saggy, more well preserved woman in her 50s.

chiquita1 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:25:59

I had a upper blepharoplasty and brow lift 5 years ago. It was worth doing. Message me if you want to ask something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now