We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this navy or black?

(7 Posts)
CharlotteCollins Fri 14-Oct-16 11:41:15

I actually have this dress and I can't work it out. Tbh, I'm not great with colours or matching.

So I thought maybe the website could help me out. But I see it dodges the question by describing the colour as "multi". grin And even the "complete the look" section has a navy jacket and black shoes!

Maybe wearing navy and black together is not the fashion faux-pas I've been led to believe?

WholeL0ttaRosie Fri 14-Oct-16 11:44:23

If you hold something that you know is definitely black or navy right next to it does that help?

phoolani Fri 14-Oct-16 11:48:48

I think it looks black but difficult to tell. Tho even if something is 'technically' black or blue, it doesn't really matter if it looks like it's the other colour iyswim! I have a very dark navy jacket which looks navy if I wear it with blue, but black if I wear it with black. See what looks best with it, I guess!

CharlotteCollins Fri 14-Oct-16 16:03:53

Next to my navy jacket, it looks navy. Next to my navy tights, it looks different, and if I'm outside, the dress/tights combo looks wrong, to my eyes. I never realised venturing away from my usual shades of grey would be such an adventure!

I'm reassured by what you say, phoolani. I shall try to stop worrying about rules and just wear what I think works.

dudsville Fri 14-Oct-16 16:44:13

I can;t tell either but it is cute!

OzzieFem Fri 14-Oct-16 17:10:47

Looks black to me.

nothingwittyhere Fri 14-Oct-16 17:46:20

Looks black and since so many shops treat black as a sort of default colour, I think they'd say if it was navy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now