Talk

Advanced search

What colour tights with this dress?

(14 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Thu 13-Oct-16 20:38:14

I've got this dress for a wedding in November. But I can't decide what colour tights are right. I've got grey heels so maybe grey tights.
Or black
Or navy

Can you help please! 😄

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Thu 13-Oct-16 20:38:47

Would help if I added the picture!

Rathkelter Thu 13-Oct-16 20:41:43

Regular nude?

nonameavaliable Thu 13-Oct-16 20:42:31

Navy thin denier
Micro fish nets in skin tone
Grey thicker denier
Navy thicker denier

Passmethecrisps Thu 13-Oct-16 20:42:53

I would go nude for a wedding and that range of colours. Nice frock!

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Thu 13-Oct-16 21:07:55

Thanks all! I'm not super keen on nude tights - I never feel the colour looks right compared to my own skin tone iyswim.

I'm fairly sure that I'm going to be cold - so I am leaning towards thicker/ high denier tights.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 23:49:59

I think heavy denier won't look right, sorry! I agree either nude or nude fishnet would be best. Realistically are you going to be spending much time outside?

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 00:27:58

Personally I think, heavy denier would make it look more like a night out dress. If go for nude micro fishnets - they look great and I'm seriously pale so often think tights make me look like an ompalumpa lol.

Get a shrug, pashmina, etc to keep you warm.

Florathefern Fri 14-Oct-16 01:59:41

I think heavy dark tights will take from the dress too. Like PP I think nude would look more glamorous.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 14-Oct-16 07:52:32

Ah bummer. I was hoping the MN collective would say thick tights were fine. Last wedding I wore the dress to was in a field so I had wellies on all day! Tights weren't really the main issue then 😄

Queenbean Fri 14-Oct-16 07:54:53

Nude tights!

I hate grey or navy tights, I never think they look good

dudsville Fri 14-Oct-16 10:26:55

I think the problem with thicker tights is that it looks like a summer dress. (and I'm worried you're going to be cold at this wedding!)

321zerobaby Fri 14-Oct-16 10:30:43

Nude.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 14-Oct-16 10:55:48

dudsville I always worry I'm going to be cold! Don't really want to go shopping for a warmer/ winter outfit though! Takes me forever to find dresses/ outfits for a do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now