Talk

Advanced search

Buy It Once... The Winter Coat challenge

(6 Posts)
Thingmcthingyface Thu 13-Oct-16 15:47:47

Hiya,

I would really love to buy a winter coat that will last forever... I've been borrowing stealing DH's Barbour Jacket and have come to appreciate the genius of spending more but getting something really sturdy. Usual winter coat comes from Primark and looks worn shite by next winter.

I'd love something that comes to above the knee, is waterproof and a hood would be great. I love navy blue, teal, black. I think a thick wool coat is not as versatile as a thinner waterproof that I can put layers under. Would be great if it looks sharp enough to do formal as well (Barbour women's is all a bit 'taking the hounds out for a yomp' lets shoot some foxes...

I quite like the Hunter Rubberized raincoats... Thinking around the £300-400 mark but it has to be a life-timer for that. They might date quickly?

(I inherited a Harrods fake fur coat from the 60s that is in great shape and stupidly warm so I have a deep winter coat already)

Any suggestions?

Euphemia Thu 13-Oct-16 16:11:09

Lands End coats are great - lots of styles and colours, warm, waterproof, no quibbles returns if you're not happy.

Thingmcthingyface Thu 13-Oct-16 17:41:48

Ooh yeah! Thank you....

atomicpanda Thu 13-Oct-16 17:49:24

I've been wondering about the north face metropolis parka. Not sure if I'll look like the michelin man though.

atomicpanda Thu 13-Oct-16 17:51:45

I also like the look of the Barbour International Katana Wax Parka, but it's very expensive (for me) and maybe too short.

leadrightfoot Thu 13-Oct-16 21:01:45

I like deer hunter coats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now