best razor recommendations

(11 Posts)
cheezy Thu 13-Oct-16 08:03:16

I struggle with getting my legs smooth and would like to find a really good razor. I currently buy disposable ones and need a new one each time, but would like to find a better quality, reusable one.

Any recommendations gratefully received!

Silverstreaks Thu 13-Oct-16 08:31:20

Venus. Not cheap but sometimes on offer and they last me a long time.

BigginsforPope Thu 13-Oct-16 08:36:26

I was going to reccomend Venus too. I find they are very good and one razor will last me a while. They are expensive but I only buy on offer and then hide them to stop my DDs stealing them.

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Oct-16 08:37:43

IME men's razors are much better than the ones for ladies, cheaper too as a general rule. I usually go for Gillette mach 3, I think it is.

It's always best to compare the prices of the replacement blades rather than the packages with the razors themselves though. Often the ones with the most expensive replacement blades are the least expensive starter packages.

Venus and the like are fine but tend to go blunt more quickly and I find the larger head annoying to use - the area with blades is no larger.

NicknameUsed Thu 13-Oct-16 08:47:12

Another vote for Venus. Disposable razors are rubbish. I took some MN advice and tried the men's Gillette mach 3 razors, but have gone back to Venus.

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Oct-16 08:52:06

The Venus ones do feel much nicer in the hand than the mach 3, I'll give them that. I get really cross about the over-priced, substandard blades though.

BigginsforPope Thu 13-Oct-16 15:22:27

I tried the men's razors myself partly because I was annoyed about the price hike but I didn't like them. I think the heads are not quite as wide (Disclaimer - I've not measured them) so it took more effort to shave. lazy

FunkinEll Thu 13-Oct-16 18:39:39

I like the Mach 3 the best, it's a hand me down from DH. I try and buy the head when they're on offer but they last ages.

hecallsmebunny Thu 13-Oct-16 19:53:46

Another vote for mach 3 here

HelsinkiLights Thu 13-Oct-16 20:33:19

Mach 3 too. I nick DH's. Underarms & legs stay smooth much longer than Venus.
The only thing I find is that I have to moisturise my legs more often with Mach 3.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Oct-16 21:36:13

Mach or Venus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now