Talk

Advanced search

Hair product for fine straight hair for volume and curls

(5 Posts)
Belle768 Wed 12-Oct-16 08:59:09

I have fine and straight hair and like to wear it with lots of volume and curls but find most products too heavy/greasy for my hair.

Any product recommendations for fine hair to hold curls and volume?

ChinUpChestOut Wed 12-Oct-16 09:52:44

You have fine hair. I have fine hair. We do not ever hold curls and volumes longer than 3 hours. And that is straight from the hair salon, including travel time. We pay a lot of money for those 3 hours. We get excited. We think finally we have found the magic elixir. We will have hair like Cheryl. Or Kate. But we won't. We will just be poorer. grin

Only thing that ever held curls and volume for people like us is a perm. (don't get a perm - or you'll find you're wearing blue eyeshadow and blusher halfway to your ears).

Belle768 Wed 12-Oct-16 09:58:38

Thanks hmm

I have fine hair but lots of it so it's not as bad as some others have it!

Even if there was something just to hold some more volume it would be good - surely there's something for us!

Darkswan Wed 12-Oct-16 10:04:14

Chinup - this is me too. I spend an hour curling my hair and within a couple if hours it's gone, just looks like I don't own a hair brush. I however, did have a perm a few years ago. For a week I looked like a poodle that got caught in strong wind but then for about 10 months i had nice wavy curls. Like when you plait your hair whilst it's wet. I'd do it again but I'm poor sad

ChinUpChestOut Wed 12-Oct-16 10:13:54

Oh Darkswan I remember perms! How I loved them! Yes, there was the awkward Marilyn Monroe hairstyle for a few days, but then it gently relaxed and I looked all hip and cool and fashionable for about 6-8 months.

But then I got beaten up repeatedly my hairdresser who told me off for doing such bad things to my hair and I've never had the courage since to insist on it. So I use curling tongs and brushes, heated rollers (yes!! even heated rollers!) and nothing really works. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now