Talk

Advanced search

Online perfume samples pretty please?

(10 Posts)
Chicinwellies Tue 11-Oct-16 22:30:48

So I live pretty much on the Lizard peninsula, 3 hours from my nearest John Lewis, and would Love to find somewhere online to buy samples of latest perfumes - Charlotte Tilbury, Michael Kors, and the new Ellie Saab to name but a few. Any ideas?

Dulcimena Wed 12-Oct-16 09:13:49

Ebay?

You can also look at LuckyScent, Surrender to Chance (both US), Les Senteurs and Bloom (London).

I'm sure others will be along with other ideas.

Dulcimena Wed 12-Oct-16 09:14:19

PS what an amazing place to live! Distance from JL aside, of course.

bloodyteenagers Wed 12-Oct-16 09:30:53

Not sure about buying,but most companies give free samples.

Cockblocktopus Wed 12-Oct-16 10:19:10

Perfumedcourt.com

Huge range (though searching through google is often better than their own search bar) and choose your decant size. I just got my first order today.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 12-Oct-16 12:46:31

Love the Lizard, as I grew up near there! But for perfume, it's a bit of a wasteland! From the Tamar Valley, I'd recommend Perfumed Court for decants as above, and also suggest that you look at websites for some of the niche ranges who will post you samples. Juliette Has A Gun so sets of 8 for 10 euros, and Heeley will also send 2ml samples of anything you like the sound of, but prices vary from scent to scent. I don't think Andy Tauer can ship to the UK, but Nose.fr do and Parfums d'Empire used to have an excellent set although I haven't seen it on their website for yonks.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 12-Oct-16 12:50:09

Dingles in Plymouth have quite a decent perfume selection (better than in Exeter); TK Maxx is just around the corner and there's a Perfume Shop and a biggish Boots in Drake Circus. Not quite as far away as JL.

Meripenopause1 Wed 12-Oct-16 14:26:57

For samples of new, widely available perfumes (maybe not the Lizard, though) ebay has to be the place.
Also thefragranceshop.co.uk gives a free sample with most of its full bottles (so that you can try and keep the sample but send the full bottle back if you don't like it).
Decant services which I have seen tend to be for the niche, mega-bucks perfumes. I have to give a mention to scentsamples.uk.com as its in Plymouth and has given me excellent, fresh samples of perfumes I couldn't usually afford or smell (I'm rural too).

Maudlinmaud Wed 12-Oct-16 14:50:01

Sign up for charlottes emails you are sent a sample of scent of a dream. It is bootiful.

Chicinwellies Sat 15-Oct-16 23:37:42

Brilliant thanks everyone I'll get searching !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now