(10 Posts)
CoolToned Tue 11-Oct-16 21:45:14

Which body type does this suit?

estateagentfromhell Tue 11-Oct-16 21:54:35

The thinner the better tbh

estateagentfromhell Tue 11-Oct-16 21:55:11

(as I am finding to my cost sad )

keeponkeepinon Tue 11-Oct-16 22:10:07

I'd feel like a barrel in one. It'd just pouffe out from my chest and I'd look like a ball on legs.

ChinUpChestOut Wed 12-Oct-16 10:05:53

I couldn't wear one, as I have a long body, and it would just slip upwards and be annoying.

I'm guessing normal-ish body length and small of boobage. And yes, probably fairly slim, too. Essentially, Mary Berry nailed it.

ChinUpChestOut Wed 12-Oct-16 10:08:01

This.

Sonotkylie Wed 12-Oct-16 10:15:20

Mary blooming Berry. Nails it every time and about 30 years older than me. It kills me! She's like the tall, slim, sporty, beautiful genius with swishy hair from school ... You'd hate her if she wasn't so lovely!
I need to get out more!

FannyWincham Wed 12-Oct-16 10:51:54

I think they're unwearable with large bosoms, sadly. The blouson shape doesn't have space to nip back in and they end on the natural waist, creating an unfortunate barrel effect on the buxom.

FannyWincham Wed 12-Oct-16 10:52:24

(That's zipped up, of course. Worn open they are more forgiving).

botemp Wed 12-Oct-16 11:20:29

It depends, the oversized ones that end around the bum/hip area will most likely only suit the straight up and down very thin types.

A cropped one that nips in at the waist will most likely flatter an hourglass but probably not a pear. I think an inverted triangle/apple would struggle with both styles as it emphasises top heaviness.

I agree with Fenny that they're the type of coat you wear open as they're just not that flattering closed which makes them kind of useless as a coat for more than a few semi-warm days a year. I have also yet to see a flattering one in leather at high street prices, there's something a little cheap looking about them.

Suffice to say, I'm not a fan of the bomber. They're very much a current instagram trend item that'll be gone by next winter. Personally I can't get over their association with right wing neo-nazi youth from a decade or so ago (who still wear them) but I suspect that may have be a regional thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now