Talk

Advanced search

Crap haircut - is nearly three weeks later too late to complain?

(4 Posts)
MargotLovedTom Tue 11-Oct-16 14:31:42

Had my hair cut by a new stylist three weeks ago on Thursday. She didn't really cut it how I wanted it (also left it much longer than I wanted saying "We can go shorter next time"), and styled it differently to how would normally (curled ends rather than straight like I prefer).

One side is noticeably longer than the other. I did think it looked a bit lop sided when she was cutting it, but then it was dried curlyish so was hard to tell. I haven't really had time to chase it up over the last couple of weeks, but it bloody irritates me every time I style it and look at it.

Do you think it's within a reasonable time frame to complain, or should I just learn a lesson and go somewhere else to get what I want? I'm just a bit pissed off about having to fork out again in that case.

wowfudge Tue 11-Oct-16 15:34:26

I'm sure if you explain as you have done here they will do something for you. If she's new and isn't doing what customers want, they will have cottoned on.

Liiinoo Tue 11-Oct-16 15:43:09

Definitely go back and ask them to have another look at it. You might not get it redone for free (my salon has a two week limit for that...theoretically, they have stretched it for me in the past) but I am sure they would not charge full price. It always takes a few days to adjust to a new cut so nearly three weeks seems quite reasonable to me.

MargotLovedTom Tue 11-Oct-16 20:44:16

She was a new stylist to me I meant, as the one I had before (and was very happy with) was on holiday. I wouldn't care but she's a senior stylist and I paid more to have the cut done by her angry. Okay, thanks - I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now