BB cream

(6 Posts)
CantChoose Tue 11-Oct-16 11:23:07

I used to have bad acne but have had treatment and now my ELDW feels like far too much coverage. I haven't got much scaring but do have some deep pores and wondered whether a BB cream might help.
I kind of missed the trend when they first became popular as they would have been no use for my skin at the time and now feel a bit overwhelmed trying to look online so wondered if you have any recommendations?
Also, do you need to choose a shade? And how do you apply? Like a moisturiser or like a foundation with a brush? Thanks!

CruCru Tue 11-Oct-16 12:20:27

Hi OP, I like the BB cream by Estée Lauder. I'm not really a foundation wearer so I put some on (not a lot) with my fingers and then use a bit of tissue to take off any excess and smooth it over.

Yes, it comes in different shades but not as many as you get with proper foundation.

CruCru Tue 11-Oct-16 12:22:12

I think this is it.

CantChoose Tue 11-Oct-16 12:35:10

Oh I didn't know they did one. I was worried about colour matching so I think I'd like to get one from a beauty counter rather than off the shelf. I have seen the EL lady quite a few times so I will check that out, thanks. I've heard good things about the le Roche possay one but otherwise I'm pretty clueless!

minipie Tue 11-Oct-16 12:44:29

Hello, I have acne (in the process of getting rid with Roaccutane, so mostly gone at the moment). I use the Nivea BB cream and really like it, and it doesn't make me break out. As a bonus it's very cheap.

Others I tried: Botanicals (raved about on here, but I found it far too oily), Vichy (nice, bit of a sheen, not much coverage at all though), L'Oreal (lovely texture but made my acne much worse) and Garnier oily skin version (ok, used it for a while but it was too orange).

civilfawlty Tue 11-Oct-16 13:20:24

I love Estée Lauder too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now