FatFace Coat is calling my name, do I buy or find a cheaper alternative?

(8 Posts)
youredeadtomesteven Sun 09-Oct-16 16:22:56

It's this coat. [http://www.fatface.com/page/search?q=oatley+jacket]]

I'd be wearing it every day to/from work, as well as out and about. £98, I could afford it but am interested in any cheaper (but v similar) alternatives you may have seen. Additionally, I'd be interested in any FF discount codes, if there's any around?

TIA

hollieberrie Sun 09-Oct-16 16:45:24

Ooh i like it. I'm a big fan of boyfriend cardigans and its giving me a similar sort of vibe. If you can afford it then I'd go for it.
Take heart from the fact that if / when you get bored of it, Fat Face stuff sells v well on eBay. I've just sold some FF jumpers on there and there were proper bidding wars. Quite unexpected!

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 09-Oct-16 16:57:19

If you happen to be a size 6 or 8, or a 16, I would wait a while and try the outlets - there is one near me and the rails are literally full of these sizes and virtually none in between. It seems that they massively oversupply in the smaller and larger sizes and often things are half price.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 09-Oct-16 16:58:06

The outlets stock the sale stock that's also online by the way if there isn't one near you

burnishedsilver Sun 09-Oct-16 17:38:24

It doesn't appear to be lined. I bought an unlined coat in a similar fabric last year and the wind goes straight through it. Its no warmer than a jumper. It might suit you if you drive to work but maybe not if you are standing on cold train platforms.

youredeadtomesteven Sun 09-Oct-16 21:54:20

Ooh, I'm going to have a look at the outlets I think.

I did notice it was unlined and am now wondering if I'll be warm enough with just the coat and my uniform.

It's pretty though and I do like it!

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 09-Oct-16 22:17:38

I really like it, but for that price would expect it to be lined. I think it will feel like a nice big cardi, but not really warm enough as a proper winter coat unless you're going house/car/work with no real walking or waiting for public transport type stuff.

Florathefern Mon 10-Oct-16 01:18:40

I really like it but.....I bought a similar style one from Zara a couple of years ago and it is not warm. I wore it for a weekend in London last March and when the sun shone and it was warmish, I perspired in the coat and when the weather got cooler, I was really cold when I wore it. I haven't taken it out of the wardrobe since! It would probably okay at this time of year though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now