Hormonal spots

(14 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Sun 09-Oct-16 11:15:56

I have pretty much sorted out my skincare to the point where I am fairly happy from having had adult acne. I still get once a month spots that I call hormonal because I get them once a month, though strangely after my period.

There's almost always only one or two, usually on the same place on my cheek and they're big and nasty.

Any ideas how to make them not appear or to make them go quickly when they do?

Mylittlelights Sun 09-Oct-16 11:20:11

Body shop tea tree oil stick works on mine.

Sudocreme also works if rubbed on and then left over night.

margaritasbythesea Sun 09-Oct-16 13:53:19

Tea tree! Thanks I'll try that. It's a great antiseptic. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

I do use sudocrem and it us quite good. I just would so love to get rid of them.

margaritasbythesea Wed 12-Oct-16 11:35:48

tea tree oil on my face turned out to make my skin react quite violently against it. Might be good for others.

Anyone with another idea.

margaritasbythesea Wed 12-Oct-16 11:36:08

?

Dulcimena Wed 12-Oct-16 11:58:16

Tiny blister plasters overnight should drain them and ime reduce inflammation. I get them from ebay, look for "acne dotz". You used to be able to get them from pound shops but I never see them there any more. Also, if you can predict when and where they're likely to appear could you try pre-emptive measures, like a mild acid peel on that area a few days before, or washing with hibiscrub, or whatever works best for you.

Dulcimena Wed 12-Oct-16 12:01:05

Oh and I'm sure you've tried loads of things already, but I've had most success with this from Boots used during the day and the dotz overnight.

margaritasbythesea Wed 12-Oct-16 13:26:30

Interesting. I'll have a look. I'm in Spain so things might be a little different.n

I've never used any kind of scrub or acid. I'm always worried about my skin reacting but I do mean to look into them.

banivani Wed 12-Oct-16 15:08:25

Second the dots to drain, I've been without for ages but they really are helpful in getting the liquid out and it stops you picking at it.

Of course, you could book an appointment with Josefa Reina of Youtube fame (she operates in Málaga) and she'll drain them for you with her magic needle sigh oh how I dream.

Look into acids - dabbing something with glycolic acid on them might be helpful in bringing them up and out.

margaritasbythesea Wed 12-Oct-16 16:43:53

The nip and fab glycolic pads are much liked on here. Is it that sort of thing?

Joinourclub Wed 12-Oct-16 19:52:03

I used to get big hormonal spots that lasted for ages. I went to the doctors and he prescribed me a topical cream which helped.

MrsT2007 Wed 12-Oct-16 20:33:12

I get cheek spots when I binge on carbs. Got them today after over indulging last weekend.

Do you eat differently during AF?

Humphriescushion Wed 12-Oct-16 20:36:57

I have had these for years just on one side of my chin. I have something prescribed from the doctor called eryfluid, which i use in the night when it flares up.

margaritasbythesea Wed 12-Oct-16 21:24:28

I low carb most of the time so I don't think it's that, although interestingly the time of the month they come gas changed since I started from the week before to the week after. I don't know why that would be.

I never really thought about going to a GP. Maybe it's a good idea it seems. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now