Talk

Advanced search

Help with my skin you experts (pics included)

(12 Posts)
datingbarb Sun 09-Oct-16 11:14:55

Really struggling with my skin, no idea what to use and what I need.

My skin has always been quite dry/dehydrated I think I often get flake/crusty bits when wearing make up though recently my chin especially seem shiny

I'm finding when I put make up on it sits in my pours and looks awful

I'm 36 and desperately wNt to sort it out

Can any of you wise ones help me figure out what I need

At present I use a mixture of lush ultra balm, cetaphil, una Brennan cleansing oil and nip and fab glycolic cleanser though I have been shit and use nothing all the time and have no routine at present

JamieVardysParty Sun 09-Oct-16 11:54:45

Tons of water, a good 2.5-3 litres daily sorted my similar skin out. Problem is that you have to keep it up!

Other things that help are Alpha H glycolic exfoliator once a week, Clinique Take the Day Off balm to remove make up, Body Shop Vitamin E cleanser and flannel to cleanse, First Aid Beauty/Nip & Fab daily glycolic pads to tone, Clarins Blue Orchid oil and Nivea daily moisturiser. Origins Drink Up moisturiser when really needing a moisture hit.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 09-Oct-16 12:02:13

Your skin looks good! No skin looks flawless up close.

Wrt make up it sounds like you need a primer before applying.

XiCi Sun 09-Oct-16 12:23:25

If your skin is shiny are you sure you're skin is dry, it may be oily/dehydrated which is quite common. In which case you may be using the wrong products. A BHA may be more suitable than AHA for example.

A good primer may help with the make up problem or a change of foundation. Maybe go to one of the counters such as chanel and get them to match you. Elemis also do a skin consultation which is quite good and recommend products based on that

PollyPerky Sun 09-Oct-16 12:58:57

Your skin looks oily. Is it?

Maybe you are overloading it.

I use Garnier Micellar water to cleanse- sometimes Clinique Take the Day Off balm if feeling flush. That's it. Then moisturise with Olay Regenerist. Occasionally I use a gentle cream exfoliant - Balance Me do a lovely one that is called a Radiance Mask.

Also your skin looks as if it has alot of tiny pimples- ??? This could be blocked pores from too much oil or it could be your diet- sugar is a real no-no for skin. Try keeping your intake to under the 'recommended' maximum 5 teaspoons a day and see if that helps.

datingbarb Sun 09-Oct-16 13:36:29

Thanks for replies should of said pic was just taken after I smoothed on the blue pot Nivea cream I have never had oily skin def on dehydrated/dry side

Water is something I never ever drink I live on tea and lots of it confused and agree diet divest help as I eat a lot of suger and ashamed to say I eat no veg or fruit.

I just feel like skin is congested, trying to get my head around this acid time, oils etc but just don't understand what my skin needs and what each thing does/combat

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 09-Oct-16 13:48:12

Tbh after trying everything on the market I've been using Waitrose sensitive soap ( don't be put off!) It's amazing and not like soap at all but like putting cream on the face. No tightness at all and removes make up better than any cleanser I have ever tried in 35 years! It's 59phmm
I have really dry,sensitibe skin with rosacea which has improved hugely.

PollyPerky Sun 09-Oct-16 13:50:04

You eat no fruit or veg? shock
Most people's skin is a reflection of what's going on inside them. Get yourself on 6-7 portions a day, cut out the sugar and refined carbs and you will see an improvement. Your skin needs vitamins (C) - without it long term you will get scurvy!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 09-Oct-16 14:17:46

No fruit or veg at all? Not even an apple?

datingbarb Sun 09-Oct-16 17:11:14

No honestly no fruit or veg at all and strangely I'm pretty healthy 4 pregnancies with no complications and healthy babies! I'm naturally very slim

I do try to make a effort every now and again and will eat rocket, red onion, and very soft mushy veg in casseroles etc but that's about all I can manage just can't stand the taste/ texture of veg but that's really not often at all.

I know my sugar intake is to high, constant tea with 2 sugars is loads

I will make a effort to try and improve my diet and get at least a bit of goodness into me and up my water

PollyPerky Sun 09-Oct-16 17:42:26

You may think you are healthy now but being completely blunt you are increasing the risk of cancer and heart disease in 10-15 years time unless you sort out your diet.
Being slim does not mean you are healthy.

Do your kids not eat veg or fruit either?

datingbarb Sun 09-Oct-16 19:31:57

Yes my kids do eat fruit and veg, 2 nothing fancy just the usual peas, carrots, apples, strawberries etc but the other 2 love everything!

For as long as I remember I have never ate any, just can't stand the taste/texture at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now