Talk

Advanced search

Face wash v cleanser & toner?

(9 Posts)
HariboFrenzy Sat 08-Oct-16 20:48:26

I've always used face wash and then moisturiser, usually only once a day blush. This is because in my twenties when I did it morning and night my skin got really clogged.
Now im in my thirties with a non-sleeping toddler I definitely need to up my game. Is cleanser and toner better than face wash? I keep hearing about those nip face pad things, but I don't really know what they are or how to use them. So what should be part of my routine? I have kind of combination skin, where my cheeks are more dry than the rest of my face, and at the moment I have spots all around my mouth and chin (only really visible if you look closely). Also blackheads on my t zone. Any advice appreciated!

Vvlgari Sat 08-Oct-16 20:54:28

I used cleanser and toner for years and swapped to hot cloth cleanser last year. I've found it much better for cleaning make up off.

allthecoffeeplease Sat 08-Oct-16 20:56:26

I hot cloth cleanse at night and just rinse with water in the morning.

HariboFrenzy Sat 08-Oct-16 20:58:34

Do you not use toner too if you use a hot cloth cleanser?

CadiM Sat 08-Oct-16 21:08:20

I double cleanse at night with a hot cloth cleanser as well but I don't use a toner at night (I use retin A on dry skin) but I use an acid toner in the morning after cleansing. I use the Time Delay brightening toner: haven't yet tried the Nip and Fab pads but I like their serum.

Vvlgari Sat 08-Oct-16 21:29:44

I don't use toner with hot cloth cleanser. You don't need to. I just apply night cream afterwards.

Blueisthemagicnumber Sat 08-Oct-16 21:31:33

I read something ages ago about not overdoing too much cleansing, so my main routine is at night:
Hot cloth cleansing with a cleansing cream (Superdrug VitE)
Wipe over with Pixi Glow Tonic
Night Cream
I also use eye makeup remover if I have stubborn mascara

In the morning I just wipe over with micellar water to remove any surface oiliness, then serum and moisturiser before make up.

It's about finding the right acid toner for you. I get on really well with Pixi Glow Tonic, but not Nip and Fab or Alpha H liquid gold.

Make sure you are using an SPF everyday if acid toning.

katiegg Sat 08-Oct-16 21:46:03

I use a face wash in the shower in the mornings and a cleanser in the evenings (at the moment it's a Clinique one). I've never bothered with toner to be honest, never been quite sure what it's supposed to do!

MoonlightMojitos Sun 09-Oct-16 00:39:02

I also use hot cloth cleanser in eve (followed just by moisturiser) and miscellar water in the morning (followed by moisturiser)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now