Talk

Advanced search

SimplyBe - any views?

(14 Posts)
CartwheelGirl Sat 08-Oct-16 17:26:32

Looking for cotton pyjamas for my mum and wanted to order these from Evans but no luck with the right size. SimplyBe has cotton pyjamas and quite cheap, not as stylish as Evans but still seems good, and given they've got the right size it's obviously a winner in comparison to something better but too small. My mum originally asked me to buy her pyjamas in Asda George so she's not expecting posh stuff, really! I looked at Lands End and nearly fainted at the price of £75 for a pyjamas set.

If anyone has bought from SimplyBe - can you tell me if it was any good?

Other suggestions/brands also welcome.

Thank you.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 08-Oct-16 17:55:50

Typical catalogue quality imo. Its ok. Hit or a miss.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 08-Oct-16 17:56:35

Can you go wrong with cotton pyjamas? I think they should be fine.

Maverick66 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:58:11

I like Tesco and Sainsburys pj's I'm size 20.
Don't like M&S always shrink.
Debenhams do some great ones.

Maverick66 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:58:17

I like Tesco and Sainsburys pj's I'm size 20.
Don't like M&S always shrink.
Debenhams do some great ones.

TippiNoodlegruder Sat 08-Oct-16 21:01:27

I like Simply Be. Have to wade through a lot of dross (yes SB all plus size women want hanky hems in horrible prints) to get to the good bits, but it's usually good quality.

CartwheelGirl Sat 08-Oct-16 23:06:46

Maverick66, they don't do the sizes that I need for my mum.
Thanks TippiNoodlegruder! That's reassuring.

CartwheelGirl Sat 08-Oct-16 23:07:30

And I agree about the horrid prints on some of them.

MontyPythonsFlyingFuck Sat 08-Oct-16 23:15:58

Lands End is much cheaper in the States. And both the US and UK websites have enormous sale sections. I have several (like about 10) pairs of their cotton jersey pyjama bottoms and I LOVE them. The oldest I've got are probably 10 years old but still in good shape. I agree £75 is ridiculous, but if you can find something you like at the top end of your budget, I promise they will outlast pretty much any others you can buy.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 08-Oct-16 23:16:09

Simply Be sizing is generous.
They are very averse to sleeves and anything which doesn't have a square silhouette. They are overly reliant on adding tie-backs to shapeless tops and dresses.

But their PJs are fine.

polyhymnia Sun 09-Oct-16 11:13:56

I really don't like SB and would not be very happy to receive anything from there - or Evans - as a present. Agree Land's End Plus sizes would be a much better bet in terms of quality.

CartwheelGirl Sun 09-Oct-16 16:08:05

Thank you everyone for your comments, really appreciate it. Felt a bit lonely and found it a lot harder than I thought! My mum always looks great but I didn't quite realise how hard it is to find decent clothes for plus size. blush

I know Land's End is great but on their website they don't even have the size I need for my mum, and I've not seen anything anywhere from their brand that is below the dreaded £75. If something comes up in the future then I agree Land's End is good quality stuff and I'd love my mum to have it but right now neither her nor me can't afford this much money for a pyjamas set.

I bought SimplyBe in the end. Hope it's ok. It's not a present, really, I'm buying it for her because she needs it and sending it through the post to a different country, so that's why it would really help to get it right first time.

McWeedie Sun 09-Oct-16 16:17:20

Cyber jammies go up to size 22. Lovely quality and they always have a sale.

CartwheelGirl Sun 09-Oct-16 16:20:04

Oh no, I did find Land's End plus sizes now, they do have them, they just have 'normal' / petite / plus sizes separately. I didn't realise. I'll see if I can cancel SimplyBe order, and get Land's End instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now