Talk

Advanced search

Avon vs boots No.7

(10 Posts)
phillipp Sat 08-Oct-16 16:47:26

I use the protect and perfect by Boots No.7.

Someone dropped an Avon catalogue through the door today that claims 7 out of 10 No.7 users prefer Avon skin creams.

Has anyone tried Avon, how do you think it compares and is it worth me giving it a go?

DonkeyOaty Sat 08-Oct-16 17:00:59

I am wedded to boots p and p and you'd have to prise it out of my cold dead hands

So no I haven't tried Avon

<helpful>

DonkeyOaty Sat 08-Oct-16 17:01:20

Forgot my grin

OhFuckOff Sat 08-Oct-16 17:16:43

The only product I rate from Avon are the colour correcting pearls. I can't be without these, even during the summer when I didn't use any bb cream a swirl of these over my face did wonders. I don't like their nail varnish, foundation or mascara.

bunnybleu Sat 08-Oct-16 21:41:10

I have sensitive skin and I've long given up trying Avon face products as nearly every one I've tried makes my eyes sting and water badly. I'm ok with no7 though, and I'd say that their make up is better quality than Avon.

FitbitAddict Sat 08-Oct-16 21:42:51

I rate the Avon Anew products highly, especially if you can buy them on offer. My Avon rep just moved to another county and I had to stockpile before she went!

phillipp Sat 08-Oct-16 21:42:59

Thank you. I love No.7, was tempted to give Avon a go. But think I will give it a miss.

It will only annoy me if I try it and it's crap grin

FitbitAddict Sat 08-Oct-16 21:46:06

With Avon products you can return them to the rep for a full refund - Boots don't do that! I think you have about 14 days to return them.

HoneyDragon Sat 08-Oct-16 21:46:15

I love the duo eye cream they do. I've used the No.7 one too so can compare.

Yukduck Sat 08-Oct-16 22:10:22

I have sensitive skin which reacts by itching and swelling if I use the wrong product. I have used Boots No7 P&P for years and have found this to be one of the few face products that do not cause a reaction. Olay is also good for my sensitive skin but No7 is better in my opinion

Avon Anew lipsticks are the only Avon products I have tried. I would recommend the Anew range as it is non reactive for me.

Max Factor foundation and eyeshadow liquid wands are also very good and I have not had a bad reaction from them.

I guess you just have to find what works for you if you have skin that reacts to some ingredients in creams and makeup. Overall I like Boots No7 over Avon if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now