What clothes should I buy my 'cool' nephew for his 15th?

(19 Posts)
KingscoteStaff Sat 08-Oct-16 13:28:55

He's medium/tall height, rugby player, so quite muscly.
He wants stuff to wear to parties (eek!), meeting up with friends and band practice. Last year he wanted Superdry, but apparently that's no longer cool.
Help me attain favourite aunt status!
I was planning to spend £50-70.

NickyEds Sat 08-Oct-16 13:37:02

My 17 year old nephew likes Pretty Green stuff. It's £35 for a bloody t shirt but trendy apparently!

Oly5 Sat 08-Oct-16 14:30:36

Hollister?
Abercrombie and Fitch?

mysteryfairy Sat 08-Oct-16 15:41:53

A lot of old school stuff is everywhere - so adidas originals trefoil top or superstar tracksuit top?

By 15 my DC favoured urban outfitters and top man/top shop over the really obvious branding of super dry, jack wills, Hollister etc but they definitely had friends who liked all of those.

Sancia Sat 08-Oct-16 15:50:57

Don't kids that age prefer choosing their own clothes? Vouchers might be preferred. You might get the right shop/brand but there's still room for error.

KingscoteStaff Sat 08-Oct-16 17:48:55

Hmmm, you might be right about vouchers, but he isn't really into browsing yet.

The old school adidas stuff is a good idea.

Coconutty Sat 08-Oct-16 17:52:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Oct-16 17:58:26

Give him money or take him shopping as it's easy to get it wrong!

JustSpeakSense Sat 08-Oct-16 18:00:56

My 15 year old DS has decided that 'brands' are lame and only 'try hards' wear superdry, Abercrombie, hollister, Superdry etc.

He now has a wardrobe full of branded items he sneers at, and dresses himself from head to foot in non-branded clothing.

sigh hmm

ChuckBiscuits Sat 08-Oct-16 18:03:03

I would never by a teenager clothing. Just give him the cash.

FlameGrower Sat 08-Oct-16 18:03:10

Providing you're not too embarrassing to be seen with (I jest) I'd take him into town one Saturday and let him choose.

Cocolepew Sat 08-Oct-16 18:11:56

Cash or Stan Smiths.

tristerflexu Sat 08-Oct-16 18:15:11

It's all Supreme and Palace here

CointreauVersial Sun 09-Oct-16 00:43:57

Give him a Top Man voucher and let him sort himself out.

I wouldn't even attempt to choose something for my own teenage DS, let alone a nephew.

teta Sun 09-Oct-16 10:22:08

My 15 year old nephew buys his own clothes online mainly.Even my 12 year old Ds1 is very particular about his clothes.So give him some money or a voucher and don't take him shopping ( unless you're very young and very pretty and could pass as a girlfriend ).

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 09-Oct-16 10:32:27

I don't think you can go far wrong with a hoodie. That's the main staple of my teens' wardrobes. I second the new 'old' Adidas range.
I'd give him the receipt so he has the option of exchanging it though.

Lanaorana1 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:39:50

Seconding Supreme. Since age 12, I might add. Horrendously e

bingohandjob Sun 09-Oct-16 12:36:26

I give my nephews vouchers for clothes. Or cash. Let them choose at that age unless they specifically tell you a few items to choose from.

Floisme Sun 09-Oct-16 13:16:11

I understand not being keen on cash or vouchers but I agree with everyone else. The only stuff I ever risk buying for my son are T shirts. Sometimes I get them right, sometimes not and it's very hard to predict. The most successful was a Darth Vader 'selfie' T which he's still wearing nearly 2 years later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now