Talk

Advanced search

oh bugger I made all my hair fall out

(28 Posts)
ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 12:58:34

I have bleach blond hair in a really hort pixie cut, last week I did it blue for fun and the blue wouldn;t wash out so I stuck a box dye blond on and it is all falling out. (and still a bit blue). I immediatly coated it in cocnut oil as I had to go out, now I am back I have made a mask of coconut oil and honey which it is covered in.
I might possibly have to go and get it all shaved off. eekk.

DonkeyOaty Sat 08-Oct-16 13:01:28

Yikes!

No advice. Hope you've got some groovy hats flowers

VeraTheVestigialVirgin Sat 08-Oct-16 13:05:04

Make the best of it. Set up a charity page asap, share it all over your social media, and shave it all for Clic Sargent. If you're going to lose your hair, you'll feel a lot better knowing that a pile of kids with cancer can feel the benefit!

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:05:27

I dont mind for now but Istart my first nursing job in 1 month and I could do with not being bald.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 08-Oct-16 13:05:41

Eek! Blue is a nightmare to get out, I'd have suggested washing a lot with head and shoulders and then using a toner...

But as it's too late for that, I strongly suggest going to a hairdresser and seeing what they can do. Unless you'd like to shave it off, why could be funky!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 13:12:47

I think you can check how damaged it is by taking a couple of strands and pulling gently. If it snaps off, you need to get some serious moisture back into so coconut oil or hair mask. If it stretches like bubble gum and feels like cotton wool, you're a bit fucked but protein masks or keratin will help.

If you have a short cut then it should only take a few weeks to grow out the damage. I'm impressed- You're remarkably laid back about it. Perhaps you could rock the Sinead O'Connor vibe? smile

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:15:41

If I wasn;t fat and middle aged I would rock the skin head, there is no point stressing its all about damage control at this point. It feels like felt and looks all fluffy, at the top of my head it is now about 5 cm long. How long do you reckon i should leave the coconut oil and honey mask on for?

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:20:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 13:33:33

You're not bald. It doesn't look that bad actually. If you keep using lots of moisturising treatments you can get away with not cutting it until it's grown a bit. The damaged hair is seriously lacking in moisture and protein so you need to add that back in to the hair every time you wash it. Leaving treatments on for a while and wrapping your head in a shower cap and towel will help as the warmth will help it absorb. Leaving coconut oil in for a whole day won't hurt. I'm just wondering if you'll be plagued by wasps because of the honey? confused

I've damaged my hair with bleach and managed to swerve getting it cut by conditioning it like a mad woman. Argan oil is good, also Aussie reconstructor 3 min miracle or Kerastase repair mask.

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:37:42

argh wasps I hadn't thought of that.

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:38:42

sorry that was to show the length before

Girlwhowearsglasses Sat 08-Oct-16 13:46:25

Bleach London do a reincarnation mask which saved my hair. Also a toner and tinted shampoos to keep your colour going. They are brilliant

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 13:48:51

thats what I have on it right now. smile

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 13:58:45

Lots of people rave about Opalex for bleached hair although I haven't tried it. I think you can buy the treatment (Opalex 3) online and it can also be used to protect your hair before dyeing if you're ever tempted by the bleach bottle again.

I think a very short blonde spiky crop would work with your funky image.

BellMcEnd Sat 08-Oct-16 14:01:45

Totally not the point but you look ace with blue hair. Really suits you.

Hope it all grows back soon and good luck with your training smile

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 14:08:55

thanks smile if it was the training I wouldn;t be so worried it is my first actual proper grown up nursing job.

BellMcEnd Sat 08-Oct-16 14:54:33

Brilliant! Good luck with that. Very exciting smile

Knittedfrog Sat 08-Oct-16 15:05:01

I can't help but I too just wanted to say you looked fab with blue hair!

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 18:23:22

thnks, I think it has stopped snapping now, I am not getting handfuls of it whenever i touch it. Just looks choppy, people pay good money for that cut and I wont need to get it cut for ages, win win.

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 18:53:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 19:17:47

Dita that's a great Daily Mail sad face there. smile

It's totally salvageable. How about styling it with a bit of hair product? Some wax or texturising cream to define the ends and smooth it out.
It will honestly grow out so quickly and you can get the ends trimmed off and evened up.

Blue dye is a bastard to get out so you've at least succeeded with that!

ditavonteesed Sat 08-Oct-16 19:26:32

ha ha that made me laugh, maybe I should go to the papers wink woman too tight to pay hairdressers wrecks own hair and soemone should pay, just raising awareness so it doesn;t happen to other families, think of the poor kids having to look at my fluffly locks. Will nobody think of the kids.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 19:30:41

That sounds like a decent story, let's hope no journos are reading. grin

ditavonteesed Sun 09-Oct-16 17:16:37

Well both my mum and my teenage niece have confirmed that you can't notice it unless you are very tall or I start bowing to people so that's alright. Operation hair pampering for at least 6 weeks I reckon.

Sleepthief Sun 09-Oct-16 17:38:56

For future ref (although am sure you'll never do anything so reckless again wink) a bleach bath lifts a lot of colour without doing as much damage as full bleach. Took me down to quite a tasteful minty fresh colour from full on turquoise recently...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now