Talk

Advanced search

Best London charity shops for really nice clothes.

(8 Posts)
StrongTeaHotShower Sat 08-Oct-16 11:33:36

I can only think of traid and one oddly near the science museum.
Trying to do classy on a serious budget!

Floisme Sat 08-Oct-16 11:39:10

I don't know if it's still the case but The Red Cross shop, either on or just off Kings Rd, used to be highly recommended. I last went about three years ago and got quite a decent haul including Chloe and DKNY although it wasn't cheap.

Pistachiois50pmore Sat 08-Oct-16 11:40:40

the Oxfam off the King's Road, and the one on Notting Hill Gate (between Holland Park and Notting Hill tube) both used to be really good. However I think big charities centralise their donations and send fancy stuff to fancy locations so that might be why. I used to have a lot of luck with the ones between Swiss Cottage and Finchley Road but this is going back 10 years. I live in Crouch End now and they're crap.

Clothing exchange shops are worth a look - my go to used to be Bang Bang (on Goodge St and Drury Lane - got a Marni necklace for £20) but they've closed down now, although there are others.

Pistachiois50pmore Sat 08-Oct-16 11:44:21

oh my friend recommended the Mary Portas one in Primrose Hill. But I dunno. I've always had more luck in seaside towns and well-heeled medium sized towns that don't have a university.

Gowgirl Sat 08-Oct-16 11:45:58

Farah are good, I got a pair of louboutins for 25 quid...

user1475253854 Sat 08-Oct-16 11:47:17

There's one or two on Fulham road that have high-end high street and designer. Between c&w hos and south ken area.

FinnFamilyMoomintroll Sat 08-Oct-16 11:48:52

Yep the King's Road Red Cross has lovely stuff though expensive. You could also try the Trinity Hospice shops which mainly have good stuff. The charity shops on Marylebone High Street, in West Hampstead and South Kensington are also worth a look. None of them are particularly budget-friendly though!

StrongTeaHotShower Sat 08-Oct-16 11:58:44

gowgirl shock envy

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now