Talk

Advanced search

Firs visit to hairdressers since March - do you think I'd suit this and is is realistic? Picture!

(11 Posts)
JonahAndTheSale Sat 08-Oct-16 08:40:38

The first picture is my hair, not styled just washed so hence the bushiness!

Anyway, when I go to the hairdresser it's always the same, half head of highlights and out again! Feel my hair looks an odd shade at the minute.

I'd like something different but for some reason I find it a bit awkward asking the hairdresser to change what she's done for years!

Do you think picture number two would work with my hair?
Any experts out there who would know what to ask for?

Am I looking at a perfect model hairstyle that wouldn't work on my hair?

Thanks in advance!

JonahAndTheSale Sat 08-Oct-16 08:42:01

blush

first

it

ScarlettDarling Sat 08-Oct-16 08:45:00

To me it actually looks really similar to your hair but has been styled maybe with rollers.The colour is very similar...perhaps it has a few warmer tones in. It looks lovely, I'd definitely take the pic in!

Chocolateteabag Sat 08-Oct-16 08:48:16

It looks like the second picture has 2-3 colours - so a chunky stripe highlight interspersed with some darker low lights
Take in the picture and stress it's the colour you want - as the style can def be done with curling wand

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Sat 08-Oct-16 08:51:08

The second picture has been curled, probably with a tong. Is that something you're willing to do every day?

LiquidCosh Sat 08-Oct-16 08:52:41

The second picture looks like it may be a root drag rather than highlights, its hard to describe but basically the hairdresser will darken your roots then colour the ends. If you google "root drag" you'll see what I mean.
Your hairdresser should definitely be open to suggestions and might even be glad to do something a bit different rather than the usual highlights!

unimagmative13 Sat 08-Oct-16 08:56:35

You need some lighter pieces round the front and darker lowlights or a darker roots

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 08:57:12

You could ask for some lighter ash blonde highlights this time. I think that would lift the colour. I also think you'd benefit from a purple toner on your hair which you can use at home. That will take any yellow tones out. The hairdresser could recommend one but I would use Lee Stafford bleach blonde purple shampoo, Boots.

Your hair looks to be in great condition and not far off the picture on the right. You could ask for a long choppy bob with long layers through the ends. There's nothing wrong with showing a photo of what you want, lots of people do that. If possible, get a picture of a few angles of a haircut; the back and sides as well as the front.

The style you'd like is mainly down to styling though. If you have the time it wouldn't be too difficult to recreate at home. You would need to curl sections with a heated curling tong, wrapping the sections in alternate directions as you go. You have the sort of hair that would hold curls well but a decent setting spray might help too.

Hope some of that helped smile.

JonahAndTheSale Sat 08-Oct-16 09:01:52

Suggestions are useful thanks.

Yes I know the second picture has been curled. I wouldn't have time to do that everyday but it's really the colour I'm thinking of.

JonahAndTheSale Sat 08-Oct-16 17:47:07

This is what I got! Thanks for all helpsmile

Not sure it's wildly different!

However a few hours childfree time was bliss!!wink

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 08-Oct-16 17:50:38

Oh I love an update to a hair thread, thanks Jonah. smile
It looks pretty and you could fairly easily curl the midlengths like that at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now