Talk

Advanced search

Conference help needed!

(3 Posts)
JustSeven Fri 07-Oct-16 21:24:28

I'm attending my first conference next month, a two day conference in London for a charity raising funds for a disease my son has. I know several other parents of children with the disease who will be attending through social media though I've never met them, so want to make a good impression. I have no idea what to wear/what's appropriate, please help.

I'm a 30yo SAHM, I live in jeans & converse. I'm a size 18-20 and can't walk in heels! Thanks.

libertydoddle Fri 07-Oct-16 22:12:47

Are you speaking at the conference? If you are an attendee and not speaking I would say jeans and converse would be fine. Maybe add a jacket and scarf / nice earrings if you want to look a bit smarter.

SesameSparkle Fri 07-Oct-16 22:18:03

Maybe just a smarter, brighter version of yourself? Smart jeans, newish/clean converses or smarter boots maybe, and a nice top or shirt. If you add some distinctive earrings or necklace or some such, then that might help people to break the ice with a compliment or whatever. A roomy shoulder bag to stow away a notebook, folders or leaflets and conference biscuits etc. might also be useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now