Talk

Advanced search

How often do you get your hair cut?

(24 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Fri 07-Oct-16 13:41:17

I haven't had my hair cut in about 2 months. I was contemplating getting my hair cut today. It's just a walk in place and I don't get anything fancy, just a quick trim. My hair is just below shoulder length.

Do you need to get your hair trimmed this frequently? How often do you get your hair cut?

Leviticus Fri 07-Oct-16 13:44:48

Every 3-4 months. Should be three, by four it'll have been looking shit for a few weeks.

I have longish hair though, if it were shorter or more of a definite style I'd need to go more frequently (which is why it's not).

rewardformissingmojo Fri 07-Oct-16 13:47:52

About 3 times a year...

IHeartKingThistle Fri 07-Oct-16 13:53:07

Mine has a high - maintenence colour on it so I can't go longer than 10 weeks. I just get it trimmed then.

Before I changed the colour though it was nowhere near as often as that!

ErrolTheDragon Fri 07-Oct-16 13:54:02

About twice a year. Its dead straight, I get it cut shoulder length, then leave it till a month or two after I notice its getting a bit longer than I like because I'm disorganised.

CartwheelGirl Fri 07-Oct-16 13:54:33

8 weeks but only because it needs re-colouring.
If I only needed a haircut I'd go every three months or so.

SpeckledyBanana Fri 07-Oct-16 13:54:47

6 weeks (graduated bob).

AmeliaJack Fri 07-Oct-16 13:56:02

Every 6 weeks on the dot. Your hair is a big part of your appearance and I like to keep it looking good.

When I was a SAHM I would leave it as long as 12 weeks though as it is expensive.

rightknockered Fri 07-Oct-16 13:58:44

Every 6 months or so. My hair is wavy, I never use a hairdryer, and if I get it cup more often the hairdresser tends to cut off too much in one go.
Plus also disorganised and busy

Rumtopf Fri 07-Oct-16 13:59:21

Envy 6 months for a proper cut, it's long and curly with long layers so doesn't lose shape.

nickEcave Fri 07-Oct-16 13:59:23

When I had graduated bobs and short cuts it needed doing at least every 8 weeks (and looked pretty crap for the last week or so). Now it's shoulder length and all the same length I can get away with every 12 weeks.

kimlo Fri 07-Oct-16 14:01:59

it should be every 6 weeks, but sometimes I dont get around to making an appointment or I have loads on so it can be up to 8. I had it done this morning and that was 8 weeks, it needed doing. I have shoulder length hair, no colour.

The dds get theirs done every school holiday so theirs is about the same.

KatieScarlett Fri 07-Oct-16 14:04:57

Every 6 weeks, next one tomorrow, where I will book my next appointment for 6 weeks...

StCecilia Fri 07-Oct-16 14:06:31

Every 6 weeks, it used to be whenever I remembered. My hair looks so much better now it's cut on a regular basis and psychologically it does wonders. Plus it's nice to have a sit and be pampered for half an hour or so cakebrew

KP86 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:09:00

I'm booked in for my third haircut this year next week. But really it's needed a trim for a good month already, just no time! I can't take DS with me and have been working, including weekends, most of the time he's been in care or with DH.

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Oct-16 14:12:34

Colour every 6 weeks, cut every 12 weeks ie with every second colour.

RebelandaStunner Fri 07-Oct-16 14:14:05

About 8-10 weeks. Just a trim as It's long and I want it to stay that way.

Ladybird333 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:23:45

6 weeks. Graduated Bob and highlights. Love my hairdresser so enjoy the chat but bloody hate spending that much money so regularly.

glasshouse Fri 07-Oct-16 14:24:09

Cut and colour once a year. My hairdresser cuts my hair so that even when it grows it looks ok. Helps that it's generally quite messy anyway.

Tangoandcreditcards Fri 07-Oct-16 14:28:03

6 months to a year...
Chin length to shoulder length and wavy.

I'm bit of a scruff I suppose but I'm also too tight to get it cut more often!

Cellardoor23 Fri 07-Oct-16 15:15:39

Thanks for the replies!

I went and got my hair cut. It was pure laziness really, convincing myself not to go. It's only round the corner! I'm glad I got it trimmed. I feel a bit more put together now.

I'm trying to get into the habit of getting it cut more often, but I wasn't sure if it was necessary. I don't colour my hair, but I use straighteners, so the ends dry out quite quick.

doradoo Fri 07-Oct-16 15:59:57

Roughly once a year - am coming up to last year's anniversary but not inclined to get it cut yet. I tend to go from chinish length bob to long then lop it all off again.....

I don't like the hairdresser at all so prefer not to go

GirlOnAReplacementBus Fri 07-Oct-16 16:11:10

I should go more often than I do. I hate going because I hate having to look at myself in the mirror all that time. Think I'll have to bite the bullet tho as I can't quite pull off the "dragged through a hedge backwards " look.

Cellardoor23 Fri 07-Oct-16 16:27:28

GirlOnAReplacentBus That's how I feel. I hate looking at myself in the mirror when I'm getting a haircut. I don't think it's flattering at all. But I just try and focus on the end result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now