Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should I buy from Kiko?

(10 Posts)
Cakescakescakes Fri 07-Oct-16 07:59:41

New store opened near me and going to call in today. What would you recommend? Are the lipsticks good for longevity?

Louisajohnson224 Fri 07-Oct-16 08:05:17

I love the duo eyeshadow they are so pigmented.
Not keen on the mascara.
I have 1 lipstick from them and it's a lovely colour and lasts ages but it's very drying so I normally use Vaseline before I put the lippy on.

Nabootique Fri 07-Oct-16 08:40:47

I've not used much but would definitely avoid the mascara that comes in lots of different colours (I think black as well, but they have other black ones too). The colour (like a burgundy) doesn't show up at all, but the main issue was how much in smudged and flaked, and I never have issues with smudging with any other brand.

bec3105 Fri 07-Oct-16 08:41:53

I like their gel nail polishes look really smooth and don't chip

MooMinCow Fri 07-Oct-16 09:05:58

The cream eyeshadow sticks are amazing and come in lots of colours.

jingscrivvens Fri 07-Oct-16 09:21:59

The £2.50 nail varnishes, loads of colours and looks great after 2 coats. They are bargainous. Also like the matte lipstick. I've bought their cleanser but not used it yet.

Dulcimena Fri 07-Oct-16 09:43:58

The stick eyeshadows are great as a PP has said. I have 05, 38 and 39. The powder eyeshadows I've tried have been lovely and smooth, nicely pigmented. The pencil eyeliners are good too, I think the Smart Pencil (?) is the one I've been most impressed by. Amazing quality for the price.

botemp Fri 07-Oct-16 10:06:39

The eyeliner pencils, lip liners, and the nail polishes are all great. The eyeshadows are good too but most are a little too glittery for my tastes.

Lipsticks are really good too, just don't get the cheapest sort. Can't remember what they're called but you need to spend a bit more.

I have some great blushes from them too (one a weird bouncy one that goes from a sort of cream to powder) but again beware of the glitter in the all powdery ones if that's not your thing.

Anyhow, you'll most likely be overwhelmed by choice just have a nose and avoid their limited edition collections, they always go out with 70% so just wait it out unless it's particularly special and highly coveted.

GERTgert06 Fri 07-Oct-16 11:07:12

Yes to the nail varnishes. Oh the colours!

poppym12 Fri 07-Oct-16 11:27:03

If you like cream eyeshadow, the cream crush ones (in little pots) are the dogs bollocks. Also, the eye primer does not move from my eyelids at all. It's brilliant (I bought the pearly one as being an old hag, I find that this underneath matte eyeshadow gives me just the right amount of hint of shimmer ).

Don't ask for advice on foundation shades though as I'm not sure they've been given any enough training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now