Talk

Advanced search

I need new foundation...what's good?

(43 Posts)
witsender Thu 06-Oct-16 22:18:09

I have been using two Maybelline ones mixed together to get the right tone, and allow for seasonal tone changes.

But they're running out! And I fancy something new.

So...I like a medium coverage, as I need evening up on my chin in particular. Not fussed on finish, to a max price of £30ish. I can't really get to a Mac, Bobbi Brown type counter very easily.

What's good at the moment?

coveredinhopeandvaseline Fri 07-Oct-16 10:01:16

Cheapy ones that I rate highly as my 'everyday' foundations are Healthy Mix and City Radiance by Bourjois. Lovely coverage and good range of shades.
I top off with a swirl of Bare Minerals foundation when I need an extra bit of coverage, eg long days, nights out, rosacea flare-ups.

I used to wear Estee Lauder Double Wear, Dior Forever and various Clinique ones but as I've got further into my 30's I find that full coverage, heavy foundations are too heavy and dull my complexion = Ageing as fuck for me as I'm pale.

witsender Fri 07-Oct-16 13:31:19

Yes, I've never got on with Estee Lauder. I used to like a few Chanel and Bobbi Brown ones. Interesting about Bourjois, may try to ditch the kids one day and go and have a trying session.

Thanks!

Dafadddu Fri 07-Oct-16 13:39:52

OMG ive found the best! L'oreal true match. £10 in Boots (3 for 2 too). I have dry skin and always weary ofvtrying new obes. Use Clinique but i needed a cheaper one. So tried it and its the best. Im never changing again.

Its light and gives superb coverage. Ive had people comment on it saying its nice and ive never had that before. Its still there 12 hours later.

Leviticus Fri 07-Oct-16 13:55:35

I really recommend Nars Sheer Glow. It's more medium than the name suggests and has a really fine, smooth texture on. Loads of shades, really good pale ones. The creamy concealer is also very good and worth a try.

I see what you say about needing something easy to get but you can get matched up at a counter once you can reorder online at Space NK.

CalmYaTits Fri 07-Oct-16 14:01:05

Bourjois cc cream is brilliant. But the shade range is terrible!

Indecisivejo Fri 07-Oct-16 14:50:16

No7 stay perfect, the original is creamy and medium coverage or the stay perfect superlight version is more liquidy with lighter but buildable coverage

christmasmum Fri 07-Oct-16 14:56:13

Just to second the No7 Stay Perfect, it's a lovely texture and gives great coverage without feeling like you're wearing anything.

U2HasTheEdge Fri 07-Oct-16 15:02:52

Clinique's new silk one is good.

I have been using it for a week now and like it.

Nabootique Fri 07-Oct-16 15:11:54

Chanel Les Beiges. It's medium coverage with a lovely not quite matte, not quite dewy finish. I don't really use any other foundation now, and I've had it for about 6 months, I think.

AfternoonNapsAreTheBest Fri 07-Oct-16 15:27:50

Bourjois 1 2 3 something (sorry can't remember the full name). I got it last week after seeing a review of foundations on Pixiwoo, and love it. Nice coverage (I def need more than sheer nowadays) but not cakey looking, and lasts really well.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Oct-16 15:29:35

Max Factor miracle illusion is fantastic

Only1scoop Fri 07-Oct-16 15:30:00

YSL touché eclait foundation is under 30 pounds and gorgeous

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 07-Oct-16 15:32:12

I am also using Chanel Les Beiges <not stalking Nabootique btw grin) and topping it off with Maybelling dream satin liquid which I have decided is the absolute best foundation for me. The feel of it is wonderful.

Bourjois City Radiance is OK too for the pricetag, but as others have said, if you are in any way not one of their main colours, it's awful. I can just about get away with their lightest (51 I think) but only in summer.

Shelvesoutofbooks Fri 07-Oct-16 15:33:15

Loreal infallible pro matte is good
Rimmel stay matte

KoalaDownUnder Fri 07-Oct-16 15:37:08

Yes yes to NARS Sheer Glow.

I'm never changing back!

shovetheholly Fri 07-Oct-16 15:43:32

Bourgeois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation gel is brill. I am super pale, and it actually matches. It has that quality that really great foundations do, of making my skin look totally natural but BETTER.

Elles01 Fri 07-Oct-16 15:44:52

No7 stay perfect is great!
So is Rimmel stay matte grin

CadiM Fri 07-Oct-16 17:23:28

Another fan of No 7 Stay Perfect (I've tried the lift and luminate as well but prefer the Stay Perfect). The matching tool worked well for me.

madmomma Fri 07-Oct-16 21:08:59

Another vote for l'oreal infallible matte. The no7 perfect one is nice too, but the l'oreal is clever cos the coverage is excellent without being heavy. You only need a tiny bit and it layers like a dream

wrapsuperstar Fri 07-Oct-16 21:10:09

Becca Aqua Luminous foundation. If it was just a bit paler it'd be my total holy grail.

BennyTheBall Fri 07-Oct-16 21:11:37

Another vote for Bourgeois.

I saw it recommended by Lisa Eldridge and I am now on my 3rd bottle - loads of people ask me what I use on my skin, so I think it must be good.

HelloSunshines Fri 07-Oct-16 21:16:19

YSL Touche Eclat foundation is lovely. (pricey though). Best coverage and longevity is Clarins Everlasting. Bought Loreal True Match recently as heard so much about it - it was okay for everyday, I think the shade I got is slightly too dark so in the next shade up I'd probably love it!

Ohyesiam Fri 07-Oct-16 21:52:35

Lancome does testers that last over a week, and I've found then brilliant. Really gives skin radience. At the top of you r budget but very worth it

VulvaInLaw Fri 07-Oct-16 22:16:43

Can I ask how do you get the exact right shade at a Loreal or bourjois stand, I always need to be matched... This is the only thing that stops me trying the true match! Do you test it on the back of your hand and then go into daylight?! Or is there another secret without putting it over your face? then walking round like you've been tangoed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now